Computer Update = Improved MPG

rums54

My C-Max was at the dealer having a module replaced after it died about 2 weeks ago. It took a while for the module to arrive, thus the delay in getting my car back. The dealer also did the computer update to improve the fuel mileage. It worked!

The C-Max was at Putnam Ford in Putnam Connecticut. It is 225 miles from Putnam, CT to my home in Speculator, NY. I reset the mpg meter in Putnam and I averaged 44.5 mpg on the way here. When I got off the NY State Thruway, I was a little over 46 mpg. I kept as near the speed limit as possible, sometimes going 70+ but staying at 66 most of the time. The elevation in Putnam and Amsterdam, NY (where I got off the Thruway) is just about the same. From Amsterdam to Speculator is about 60 miles and a 1400 foot elevation change as I work my way into the Adirondack Mountains to my home in Speculator. I believe that accounts for the decrease in fuel mileage.

The last time I made this trip was in June and I averaged 41 mpg running approximately the same speeds. For now, I'm very happy with the computer update. I hope others are having the same result. I'll look at other postings.

Actually doing the update takes about 20 minutes. I watched them doing mine.

Yes -- very quick update.

MtnMarty, have you seen an improvement in fuel mileage or was it done too recently? Also, did you notice the computer is allowing the car to run longer on the battery only?