first fuel fillup ... new car with FE upgrade from factory

tocoty

my first fillup today. i'll try to attach a photo ...not sure of process. got 526 miles and 45.3 mpg per instruments. mpg measured via pump was 43.5. 

i picked up the cmax from dealer on monday, july 29. first tank driving was about 65% rooling hills and some mountainous terrain and 35% was 2 lane country roads and minimal interstate. AC was on about 50% of the time due to a cool spell in southwest virginia.

had a clear bra installed and i believe this will prove to be a valuable investment.

my miles to E reads 41, and i put 12.01 gallons in on the fillup. thus, i conclude that the tank muct be around 13 gallon vs the 12.5 in the specs or most likely, the "miles to empty is wrong.

overall, love this car. had it on some winding roads and it handled well. one fault that i found that really bothers me is the long turning radius. definitely an area that i will have to adapt to. but if that is all i have to live with ... then all is well!

i uploaded the instrument pic as an attachment, how do i get the pic into this text box??

thanks

post-1106-0-17039400-1375902453_thumb.jpg 

The Hybrid tank is 13.5 gallons and the MTE has a reserve built into it.   It's in the Owner's manual.

The advertised capacity is the indicated capacity and the empty reserve
combined. Indicated capacity is the difference in the amount of fuel in a
full tank and a tank when the fuel gauge indicates empty. Empty reserve
is the amount of fuel in the tank after the fuel gauge indicates empty.
Note: The amount of usable fuel in the empty reserve varies and should
not be relied upon to increase driving range. When refueling your vehicle
after the fuel gauge indicates empty, you might not be able to refuel the
full amount of the advertised capacity of the fuel tank due to the empty
reserve still present in the tank.

From the 600+ Miles CMax club experiences - you should use either Trip1 or Trip2 to monitor your gas usage per tank, and I would not recommend that you go above 13.0 gallons used as displayed in the Trip screens. Even for me, 13.0 to 13.06 is about 13.5 gallons per fill up. MTE is useless since it fluctuates based on your driving history and can drive you "Nutz" (search that thread) - that's jus my opinion... :dance:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

In my vast vast experience of 4 fill-ups, the gallons consumed reported by the tripmeter underreports consistently by 3-4%. I always fill up to the first click, and no more. 

Of course, I should try out more gas stations - 3 of those 4 fillups have been at the exact same pump. Maybe the station is just skimming a 3-4% profit on on their gas? 

Edited by Noah Harbinger