Buying new C-Max energi

Jaimi

I'm considering buying a new C-Max energi with package 301a. Dealer is quoting me an "out the door" price of 31,397 (includes all dealer fees and 1000 dollar promotion). This is 3500 less than list. Is this about right?

Also, will they have addressed the current recall and software updates? Or should i specifically ask about all that? We test drove one, and me and my wife really like it.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. If you are getting and Energi(plug in type) for that price. I think it is a good deal.

I would specifically ask about each update/recall. Some dealers have been good about, some not so good.

I don't blame you for liking it. I was sold on the first test drive. The second one confirmed it, and we ordered. The third one had me anxious for mine to get here.

P.S. We are getting a hybrid SEL model with 303A package, remote start. Our window sticker says $33,850. Invoice from what I can tell is $31,250(ish). I expect to pay around $31,5-$32,000.

Edited by slampro

Thanks for the reply. I'm shopping around still looking at the normal hybrids and the energi.  

Wondering if anyone has a thought on the Hands-free lift gate and rear camera option.  Got another quote for 32,986 for one that had these installed, but not sure how useful they actually are, or how well they are implemented. 

I initially thought the hands-free liftgate was pure hype and nothing but a sales gimmick.  Then I got the car and have probably used it a hundred or more times.  And if you've got arthritis in your neck, the rear view camera is well worthwhile.

Thanks for the input, everyone. Talked the dealer down to 32686 for the entire package, out the door price. :) Picked it up last night, having a good time this morning driving in EV mode.  Only thing that's not really great about the car is that "myford mobile" seems kind of wonky. 

Congratulations!  I think the Energi is a great car and with hindsight we would have bought one.  I think "wonky" will become your new normal.  It is all in adjusting to how to say the commands and giving the system enough time to process things.

Thanks for the input, everyone. Talked the dealer down to 32686 for the entire package, out the door price. :) Picked it up last night, having a good time this morning driving in EV mode.  Only thing that's not really great about the car is that "myford mobile" seems kind of wonky.

Out The Door usually includes tax, title and license. Is that in your number because if it is you got a very good deal it appears. BTW, don't forget about the Federal $3,751 tax credit, and whatever credits are available in your home state.

Welcome to the Energi world. I know I love cheap coal power myself!