First week

mlaurence

I bought my new C-Max last Thursday, which means tomorrow is its 1 week birthday.  So far I've driven 135 miles, mostly stop-and start in the city, and I'm very impressed with the car.  It's an SEL with just about the same features as the BMW I traded in!  There are some things I'll miss about the Beemer, but I will not miss $100 oil changes or 12 MPG (premium) in the city.  

I read a lot about the C-Max before buying, and all the auto magazines - even Consumer Reports - led me to believe I'd be happy to get 37 mpg.  But in this first week, my first week ever driving a hybrid, I'm just under 45 mpg which is a big surprise.  I would have used up half a tank in the BMW and I'm just a little under F in the fuel gauge.  But I've also found it has decent power to get up to speed on the interstates and to keep up with traffic if necessary.  

The other big surprise has been the MyFord Touch.  The reviews almost scared me away from this feature, but I have found it easy to use so far.  Voice commands are a little tricky but on the 2nd or 3rd try I'll get through with a command I'll remember next time.  Pairing the phone was easy and I listen to Bluetooth audio from Pandora or the phone's library all the time.  

This weekend I have an 800 mile trip coming up and I'm looking forward to getting to know the C-Max a lot better in that time.  I know it'll be different driving on a long interstate trip and I hope I can stay close to that 45 mpg mark.  I'm also looking forward to getting to know this community better.  You've been a great help in learning how to drive the C-Max so far, for sure.

Agree, nice first impressions.  Welcome ml!  We have a similar story/similar impressions, but we still have an older BMW 5 (for now), getting 20+ mpg. Hear you on the $$$ servicing a BMW.  Sweat a bit thinking about the 30's for mpg, turned out 40+ mpg was POC.  Enjoy the trip, keep on gizmobiling,  Nick