Picking up a new C-MAX in the midst of all these changes

mfjj

Hi Folks,

The C-MAX HYBRID SEL I ordered had been waiting at the dealer for a week while I was away. I guess it's a good thing the travel was so intense I didn't have much time to think about the car :)

I will probably pick it up Tuesday. It was built on August 1st. It has 303A, Remote Start and Interior Protection. No Moonroof. I asked the salesperson to make sure FSA 12A04 and SYNC 3.6.2 are installed. Only the 12A04 showed up on ETIS as an outstanding FSA, though. How do I verify that these updates have been done before I drive it off the lot? Are there other updates I should ask for? Should I expect the $550 be taken off the price? The online window sticker still says 47. I guess that's a good sign I will get the $550.

Any general tips about inspecting the C-MAX at the time of delivery would also be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I plan to buy the lightest full-size spare (about 40 lbs), put it in a nice tire cover (http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=62), and just carry it everywhere. Has anyone done this? Will it fit upright behind the fully extended driver seat?

I guess times are a-changing. I don't recall having so much drama buying a car before :)