Recall 13B10 - Fuel Economy Goodwill Payment

ceemax71

Is this the $550/$325?

Yes, this is the goodwill payment of $550/$325.  (Edited on 24 Aug 2013)

There is also another outstanding FSA 13B09 that is to have the dealer replace all of the C-Max window stickers on all of the unsold cars still on the lot.

The factory changed to the new window stickers (45 MPG City, 40 MPG Highway, 43 MPG Combined) on August 18, 2013

Aug 23 2013 6512 -Announcing Field Service Action 13B10

Customer Satisfaction Program 13B10 - Certain 2013 C-MAX Hybrid Vehicles - Fuel Economy Customer Satisfaction has been posted to FMCDealer.com.

Edited by ceemax71

Yes, but Ford may be required to provide an updated EPA rating sticker to the owner...

Ford is already going to be sending owners/lessees checks which will likely be accompanied by an explanatory, perhaps even somewhat apologetic, cover letter - so if EPA or DOT compels them to provide an updated rating I hope Ford is allowed to do that in the same mailing as the check.

I looked up info on http://www.etis.ford.com/home.do & noticed that I had two Outstanding Field Service Actions listed.

12M02 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCO L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

Any idea what 12M02 is about??

They are listed via ETIS, but when I check http://owner.ford.com I do not see anything listed.

Edited by mnrobitaille

It would make sense that this is how they would track the $550/$325 payments.  They enter 13B10 for every C-max VIN produced prior to the day they made the announcement.  If the Dealer puts a new sticker with the 45/40 EPA rating an a C-max, they would go and remove 13B10 from that VIN via the Dealerships Service website.  After all the Dealers have replaced the stickers in the vehicles they have on the lot, then Ford would know they need to issue a check for the remaining VINs that still have 13B10 in their "to-do" list in the Ford ETIS.  

I just jumped on Ford.com and searched for C-max vehicle near me, then checked out the window sticker for one of them - post-1386-0-81232000-1377300138_thumb.jpg

You'll notice it has the new EPA 45/40 fuel ratings on the window sticker.

I then went to Ford EITS and entered the VIN for that vehicle.  The Vehicle Summary does NOT have 13B10 on it - post-1386-0-25881600-1377300146_thumb.jpg

Edited by MI C-max

Our window sticker says 47/47/47. It shows build date of 7/18. The sticker on the driver door says 7/13. Ford said we don't qualify for the $550. When we got the car the dealer dated it for 8/16. Not sure what gonna happen. But this doesn't sound good for us. lol

This is what etis says.

Outstanding Field Service Actions

12A04 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE
13B09 - MONRONEY LABEL UPDATE

I just drove to Hagerstown, Md. and back to Bethesda, Md., a distance of 120 miles. Got 49.5 MPG with AC running all of the time.

My question is: Will the computer update improve my city millage?  

I have seen comments on the frorm to the effect that the update is only for highway millage.

I just drove to Hagerstown, Md. and back to Bethesda, Md., a distance of 120 miles. Got 49.5 MPG with AC running all of the time.

My question is: Will the computer update improve my city millage?  

I have seen comments on the frorm to the effect that the update is only for highway millage.

According to EPA data update only improves city driving not highway.  YMMV

This is some information from the dealer bulletin for FSA 13B10:

FSA 13B10 does not provide any vehicle modifications or software updates.

It is the goodwill payment of $550 for retail customers who bought their vehicle and $325 for retail customers who leased their vehicle.

The payments are estimated to be mailed directly to customers by the end of September.

Goodwill payments to fleet customers will be handled by the Ford Fleet Sales Team.

There is also another outstanding field service action (13B09) that is to have the dealer replace the window stickers on the unsold C-Max's still on the lot.

The factory changed to the new window stickers (45 MPG City, 40 MPG Highway, 43 MPG Combined) on August 18, 2013

Here's what my Ford ETIS says is outstanding so does this mean still after day trip to Frontier Ford?

12M02 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCO L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)

Here's what my Ford ETIS says is outstanding so does this mean still after day trip to Frontier Ford?

Neither one of these outstanding field service actions require a trip to your dealer.

12M02 is the SYNC 5 year warranty extension.  I believe it now provides free SYNC software updates if you do not want to do the update yourself.

13B10 is the goodwill payment which is supposed to be done by mail.

Uh-oh...ETIS shows 13B09 (MONRONEY LABEL UPDATE) for my VIN.  That better be a mistake!  I took delivery on August 7, before this was ever mentioned.  If my dealership screws me out of the $550, there will be heck to pay!  :(

This is not  dealer issue. This is done directly by Ford. Your dealer maybe able to help you with it. When I discussed the refund at our purchase, the field bulletins had not yet been released. They didn't know what to do about it. We decided the best option would be to date the sale for 7/16. The day of the press notice, the same day the car hit the lot. Not sure what will happen, but we are going to try and get it.

You purchased prior to all this so even if we don't get it, you should. But this is NOT a dealer issue. This is a directive from Ford.