I just bought my new 2013 C-Max Hybrid SE yesterday.  Now what can I or should I do to it?  Tinted windows are high on the list. How about about those painted black molded strips? Has anyone applied those? And hacks, please please tell me there are some hacks for the screens on this car?

I'm SO happy to be gotten this car, now I want to make it all mine.

I just bought my new 2013 C-Max Hybrid SE yesterday.  Now what can I or should I do to it?  Tinted windows are high on the list. How about about those painted black molded strips? Has anyone applied those? And hacks, please please tell me there are some hacks for the screens on this car?

I'm SO happy to be gotten this car, now I want to make it all mine.

I live in South Florida and after putting the top of the line "3M" Premium Lifetime Warranty Tint Film on (all) of my previous 6 Vehicles, I`m done.  Sure, I wish the Factory Tinted Glass was at least a few shades (darker) then what Ford uses.  I don`t need SUV Privacy Dark Tinted Glass but a little darker would have been preferred. That said, my experience has been that at least one or two window Panels of every Car that has had Tint Film applied eventually needed replacement due to eventual breakdown and degrading. Not so much issues with Color/Tint change but clarity with a wavy distortion eventually depicting Tint Film`s failure to intense Sun exposure.  Sure its replaced at no cost but my new C-MAX and my other 2012 Vehicle, a Kia I`m simply living with the Factory Glass.  I just added the C-MAX Rear Bumper Applique and the Ford OEM Window Vent Shades along with a Spare Tire Emergency (Donut) strapped down securely in the Cargo area with a perfect Vinyl matching cover for it I found on Amazon for $10.

Thanks everyone.

4 days into my new C-Max and I'm quite pleased.   As far as the roof rack goes. I do some location photography with backdrops and my old jetta could fit the 10' backdrop, but my C-max can not, so I need to strap it to the roof a few times a year. I wouldnt leave the rack on the car, but only when it was needed.   $500 for the Ford / Thule rack just seems way over priced.

• 3 weeks later...

My Tint looks great, quite pleased. I purchased an inflatable roof rack off amazon, that did the trick.  I'll probably only end up using it a a few times a year.  I've had a couple of things fall out the trunk when I opened it though, I'm going to have to use containers or something cuz that could get quite expensive if the wrong thing falls out.  Seems like a seriously design flaw. 

Also, the mpg computer on the dash, is there a way to see a live mpg for that particular trip?  I wish that would show.  And I wish the screen on the right gave more useful information than leaves or a big compass.  It seems like a waste of a screen.  Any insight here?

Thanks for all your guys help.

i-vWnpG6n-M.jpg

i-8cR27fN-M.jpg

i-NNwD548-M.jpg

Edited by Trevor

i-vWnpG6n-M.jpg

It looks like you turned your C-Max into a tank...

Nice looking car there, btw (same color as mine)

By the way, for "current trip MPG" I just reset the Empower MPG display every time I get into the car.  I reset Trip 1 every tank, Trip 2 every oil change, and Lifetime is, well, lifetime.

Edited by CMax-Traveler