Trip Comparison before and after new software

HannahWCU

I just came back from my second trip to Myrtle Beach, SC this summer and I thought I would share my results. I basically use the same route to and from the beach.  My route is a mixture of Interstates and rural highways with a few cities and towns thrown in.  Speed limits are 55 or 65 mph (except in the cities).  Temperatures for both trips were about the same, highs in the mid 80’s and lows in the 60’s.  My CMax had over 10,000 miles on it for the first trip, so it was well broke in. Of course the first was pre-software and the last was post-software update.  The distance from Hickory to Myrtle Beach is over 300 miles.  Total distance for the first trip was 666.1 miles and the second was 693 miles.

MPG for the first trip was 41.97 (666.1 miles on 15.869 gallons)

MPH for the second trip was 45.95 (693 miles on 15.080 gallons)

I understand there are a lot of variables that affect the fuel efficiency, but with an almost 10% increase in MPG, the new software, at least in this case, is working to improve my MPG.

I just had the software update done on mine and picked it up from the dealer. The 18 mile trip reported 52 mpg. Normally it would be around 44, so that was better than 10%. most noticeably is the around town EV miles. The changes keep the vehicle in EV mode way more.

I'll have to see if this continues for my daily commute, but its looking like the updates made some real changes for the better!

I just came back from my second trip to Myrtle Beach, SC this summer and I thought I would share my results. I basically use the same route to and from the beach.  My route is a mixture of Interstates and rural highways with a few cities and towns thrown in.  Speed limits are 55 or 65 mph (except in the cities).  Temperatures for both trips were about the same, highs in the mid 80’s and lows in the 60’s.  My CMax had over 10,000 miles on it for the first trip, so it was well broke in. Of course the first was pre-software and the last was post-software update.  The distance from Hickory to Myrtle Beach is over 300 miles.  Total distance for the first trip was 666.1 miles and the second was 693 miles.

MPG for the first trip was 41.97 (666.1 miles on 15.869 gallons)

MPH for the second trip was 45.95 (693 miles on 15.080 gallons)

I understand there are a lot of variables that affect the fuel efficiency, but with an almost 10% increase in MPG, the new software, at least in this case, is working to improve my MPG.

Hey Hannah I missed you at the beach last week.  We just got back from Myrtle Beach too on Monday.  Our trip is about the same distance from Roanoke, Va.  I've seen an increase of about 2 mpg since the update.  I also noticed that I'm able to obtain ice high for longer periods than before the update.  I'm talking about on the rolling hills on 220 through Ashboro and Greensboro North Carolina driving between 60 to 70 mph.  

I was looking for you!  Didn't see another CMax the whole weekend.

I drive those rolling hills type roads everyday, so I find it hard to maximize my FE on flat roads!  I don't pulse and glide well, I'm used to pulsing uphill, and gliding down. Like another member posted, I have not seen any real difference in my day to day FE however, I am now able to drive to work at 65-70MPH vs. 55-62MPH before the update.  So I guess you can say I have increase my FE, I'm driving faster and getting the same MPG.

Hey Hannah I missed you at the beach last week.  We just got back from Myrtle Beach too on Monday.  Our trip is about the same distance from Roanoke, Va.  I've seen an increase of about 2 mpg since the update.  I also noticed that I'm able to obtain ice high for longer periods than before the update.  I'm talking about on the rolling hills on 220 through Ashboro and Greensboro North Carolina driving between 60 to 70 mph.