Pandora showing title and artist

I haven't been able to get any song information on the MFT screen when Pandora is playing on my Android phone through Bluetooth Audio.  It has always displayed the last track I played on Google Play Music instead.  I read manuals, forums, and nothing I tried worked.

Tonight I put Pandora on for the first time in a couple of days, and, look at that!  The song title and artist from Pandora was displaying on the screen!  Plus, I was able to pause and skip to the next song using the touch buttons on the screen.  Just what I wanted!  

It wasn't quite perfect.  At one point in my half-hour drive home, the display reverted to my last Google Play track, but I noticed my phone display was dark.  When I activated it, the Pandora track came back, and then it changed titles correctly when the song changed.  

I noticed that my Pandora app on the phone had upgraded in the past couple of days.  My guess is they did something in that upgrade to make it play better with MFT.  But I don't really know - maybe it's been working all along for other people.  I'm really glad to see it working now.  Next up on my wish list - album art on the MFT screen.

• 2 months later...

I'd sure be happy if Spotify were to show album art and detailed information.

When I play music on Spotify through my iPhone 5 while connected through the USB connector down inside the center console.  My music selection is displayed on the right center dash screen as well as on the MFT lower left screen but there is no album art info, which is fine with me.

Edited by mtb9153

When I play music on Spotify through my iPhone 5 while connected through the USB connector down inside the center console.  My music selection is displayed on the right center dash screen as well as on the MFT lower left screen but there is no album art info, which is fine with me.

I am streaming via Bluetooth from an Android phone.  I remember trying to connect via USB, back when I first got my C-MAX, and that wouldn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Amen brother, I really miss album art from my previous car. Thumbs up/down would also be nice.

I discovered this on a Focus forum: MFT displays album art from Pandora if the phone is connected via USB. Granted, the art is about the size of a quarter, but at least it's something. Now if only we could get thumbs up/down on MFT as well...