Vexed at the pump

grggwlkr

There has been a difference for me with regards to city and highway driving.  The computer tends to over estimate consumption or be closer to the actual in city driving while it tends to under estimate consumption when driving highway.  I have a few I've pulled from Fuelly below:

Actual Gallons Used - 9.43, Computer Calculated - 8.41 (100% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 8.86, Computer Calculated - 7.98 (95% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 11.50, Computer Calculated - 11.07 (95% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 3.97, Computer Calculated - 3.82 (0% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 2.05, Computer Calculated - 2.43 (0% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 3.83, Computer Calculated - 3.48 (0% Highway)

I've been trying to note all the details in all my fuel ups.  My highway driving tends to be 62 to 70 MPH set on eco-cruise.

I was curious what your current MPG's are since your not posting on Fuelly? Also how far and fast do you drive on most of your trips? I would have thought you should be getting as least 40-42mpg. Do you happen to have a ScanGauge? What is your LifeTime Brake score? Just curious. :)

Paul

I don't like the Fuelly interface - I tried to use it and gave it up.

My last fill up (this morning), I recorded 36.2mpg using pump gallons and 39.3 using car information.

M-F on my drive to work:

8.8 miles city, 30-50 mph

38 miles interstate, 70-80 mph

28 miles highway, 65-70 mph

4 miles city, 25-35 mph

I usually average 33-35 mpg going TO work.  It is mostly an elevation gain.  In fact, from when I leave my house to when I get off of the interstate, I never have >30mpg.  The highway driving helps me a little.

On my drive home, it's an identical route, but mostly elevation loss.  We average 43-50 mpg FROM work.  If we do only city driving on the weekends, we might be around 40mpg using pump gallons.

I don't have a ScanGauge. 

Lifetime brake score is 93%.

Lifetime mpg is 39.5 mpg according to car.

I have filled up my car 59 times and driving 22473.6 miles and have recorded 37.9 mpg overall.

edit: I noticed no change between eco and non-eco cruise.  Here's a thread I started: LINK

Edited by bigalpha

There has been a difference for me with regards to city and highway driving.  The computer tends to over estimate consumption or be closer to the actual in city driving while it tends to under estimate consumption when driving highway.  I have a few I've pulled from Fuelly below:

Actual Gallons Used - 9.43, Computer Calculated - 8.41 (100% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 8.86, Computer Calculated - 7.98 (95% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 11.50, Computer Calculated - 11.07 (95% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 3.97, Computer Calculated - 3.82 (0% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 2.05, Computer Calculated - 2.43 (0% Highway)

Actual Gallons Used - 3.83, Computer Calculated - 3.48 (0% Highway)

I've been trying to note all the details in all my fuel ups.  My highway driving tends to be 62 to 70 MPH set on eco-cruise.

Looks like your City is only off by 1% vs HWY is off by 8%, maybe  we are coming up with something here. Anybody else have some results? :)

Paul