So what do you do for FUN aside from the CMax?

Jus-A-CMax

Jus curious, what do others do here for fun, aside from posting about CMax, the MPG, etc etc?

I'll start - I enjoy my golf. I use to play pretty well but since my year long off golf, I am coming back into the game. Its very difficult and the pros make it look so dead easy...but they hit like 1000+ balls a day, have the latest equipement that is OPTIMIZED to the hilt. Us Sunday Hackers, we get the Roger Dunn or Golfsmith retail gear, and if we hang around the Golf Forums long enough...we might pick a tip or two to tweak our golf gear. Unlike the pros with their $30,000 launch monitors, our launch monitor is our eyes.

We have no physio when my back is stiff and sore. We walk in the 100F heat like bloody idiots (jus like me last Sunday) and everytime we smoke a ball - some SCUMBAG CHEAP A$$ player in the front groups would go and steal your golf ball...no honor in a game that is suppose to be played with the most honor and they preach penalizing yourself if the balls moves a fraction....

Welcome to muni golf.

So thats all I do...for enjoyment. Oh I teach the junior golfers too...helps me keep my game in some shape. Gotta perform infront of the kids....its called giving back.

:)

So what do you do for fun?

In the summer we have a vegetable garden. Jerry calls it his therapy. We grow about 40 tomato plants (I'm a tomato junkie), peppers, green beans, cukes, yellow squash, zucchini and okra, which means right now I'm doing a lot of canning and freezing. If we're not working in the garden, we're in chairs in the back yard in the sun, reading our Kindles.....that's as close as I come to doing nothing.

Since Asia trains with a running team on Tuesday nights and Saturdays, I work the water stations for them. She usually runs 15-20 races a summer, so, if the course is spectator friendly, we're out in as many places as possible, cheering.

In the winter I enjoy crocheting and needlepoint....and working the water stations.

Oh yeah, and we have this adorable granddaughter that lives about 4 hours away that we visit every chance we get.

That's me.

Edited by Adair

Hubby and I ride our motorcycles when we can. It's too hot for me. Hurry up Fall!

We have a camp about 45 miles away and try to go there often. Always tractor work to do and lounging. Guess who does the tractor work and guess who lounges. No cable at the camp so I read.

I have a few friends who get together regularly. Dinner, movies, coffee, whatever we are in the mood for.

We recently bought a food dehydrator. I have enjoyed that. The kids scoffed at first but the youngest left a note recently saying she loved the dried apples and we needed more lol

Today is mom/daughter day. We are doing some shopping, pedis, then I have a baby shower to attend.

Another competitive shooter here....well....I shoot in competitions....I'm not really terribly competitive!  Skeet shooting for us.  The gun cases fit in the CMax just fine.

We have a small grass fed beef operation and free range chickens too, so it leaves little time for leisure activity.  I usually garden in the summer, but this year it got so hot so fast, everything just withered and died.  I read my Kindle a lot, quilt when I have time, and I love to drop a line in the water and see what swims by to clean out my bait!

I am a bit of a computer nut who likes to buy and sell them.  I'm typing on my new MacBook Pro.  I also love to knit all sorts of stuff.  I'm currently knitting a baby blanket and two pairs of socks.  Maybe I'll make a blanket for my Max  :puppy_kiss:   Besides my dear husband I have a Lakeland Terrier.  Or as I like to call him a Lakeland Terror.  I like to train and walk him and hang out with him and my husband.  As my husband says I've already trained him so no problem there  :lol: The three of us travel to our beach house every month to relax.  I also like to go shopping with one of my girlfriends and dog walking with the other.  

Blues! I made my longest run im MaxWell last night. We came down for today's San Diego Blues Festival. It was about 92 miles which I did on Ecocruise most of the way, between 65 and 71mph. I got about 42.x mpg.

You should head to Mammoth's Bluesapaloosa then....lots and lots of beers as well, :flirt:  it

I am a technical scuba instructor, specializing in Closed Circuit Rebreathers--an underwater breathing device that is similar to what astronauts use to breathe while doing space walks.

Here is a video of a place that I dived (dived is the past tense for dive, not dove--which is a bird!) where, at the time, I was either person number 7 or 8 in all of human existence to see that location. More people have walked on the moon than had been there. Pretty cool stuff!

I am the guy with the fins that have "HP" initials on them. If you watch to the end, you will see where we came upon a 3,000 year old cayman (a creature that looks like a smaller alligator) skull and vertebral bodies. The cave is one of my favorite places on the planet.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Lots of hiking - locally on paved paths around the area, and wooded trails in local parks, I usually average 8 - 10 miles per day.  A couple of times a year I head out to AZ to hike Camelback Mountain, the Sonoran desert, Carefree, Sedona or the Grand Canyon. 

I recently joined a group that helps clean up the local rivers - I spent most of the day yesterday working on a stretch of the Upper Rouge River.  It's amazing what people will throw in a river!

I've also got a 13 yr old daughter and 2 Goldendoodles that keep me busy.

And I LOVE Technology - iMacs, iPhones, iPads, AppleTVs, Airport Routers, HDTVs, TiVos, surround sound systems, etc.  I love it so much, I took a Vacation day for Friday (9/20) as I'm probably going to end up spending the night out in front of an Apple Store waiting for a new iPhone 5S!

Lots of hiking - locally on paved paths around the area, and wooded trails in local parks, I usually average 8 - 10 miles per day.  A couple of times a year I head out to AZ to hike Camelback Mountain, the Sonoran desert, Carefree, Sedona or the Grand Canyon. 

I recently joined a group that helps clean up the local rivers - I spent most of the day yesterday working on a stretch of the Upper Rouge River.  It's amazing what people will throw in a river!

I've also got a 13 yr old daughter and 2 Goldendoodles that keep me busy.

And I LOVE Technology - iMacs, iPhones, iPads, AppleTVs, Airport Routers, HDTVs, TiVos, surround sound systems, etc.  I love it so much, I took a Vacation day for Friday (9/20) as I'm probably going to end up spending the night out in front of an Apple Store waiting for a new iPhone 5S!

Has there been any access changes to the Grand Canyon? I went back in 2004, & there were reports of shutting down auto access to all except residents, charter buses, & disabled.

The C-Max is the perfect vehicle for driving through the National Parks.

Has there been any access changes to the Grand Canyon? I went back in 2004, & there were reports of shutting down auto access to all except residents, charter buses, & disabled.

The C-Max is the perfect vehicle for driving through the National Parks.

They're now limiting how close you can get to the Rim - some of the roads that use to go out to the points are now only accessible by busses they run around the park.  You can still drive up to the South Rim Village, where you can park then hike out to almost anywhere.  And if you're going to hike in to the Canyon from a distant point, then you can catch one of the busses to the trail head.  The South Rim Village is like the transportation depot now.  The road that runs East/West along the Canyon is still open.  I usually drive up from Sedona or Flagstaff to the South Rim Village, hike for the day, then drive east along that road to the eastern gate and follow that back to Flagstaff.  Along the road once you get out of the park are some amazing Canyons - sheer walls, unlike the Grand Canyon which are kind of sloped down to the river.  There's also a view of the painted desert at one point that's stunning!  Every time I have driven that way, it's been partly cloudy, and the sun throws the red color of the desert back up into the clouds.  I sat on the edge of that desert one time watching dirt devils dance across the desert for hours.  One of the best trips I've ever taken!

I do a lot of running, this past weekend I did a 205-mi 26-hour relay through New Hampshire with 11 of my friends.

I'm also a rock climber, both indoors and out.  I mostly climb at the Shawangunk Ridge in NY, and Rumney and Whitehorse in NH, but I also travel around the country -- Red Rocks near Vegas, Flatirons near Boulder, etc.  The C-Max is the perfect car for comfortably lugging around 4 people plus climbing gear and still getting great MPGs.

Hiking/backpacking is also one of my favorite things to do, took a 3-day backpack in the White Mountains over Labor Day.  I'm still trying to figure out how I left the C-Max in the parking lot with a low charge but came back to it fully charged.

SDM, I used to live in Miami and did a lot of cave diving when I lived down there -- my favorites were on the mill pond in Marianna, but spent a lot of time at Peacock (incl. lower Orange Grove), Devils, and Cow.  But all on open circuit, never made the jump to rebreathers.  Now that I live in Boston, I've sadly stopped diving, frigid temps and low vis just don't work for me.

I'll be up in NH for at least part of every summer.  Maybe you can meet Slowpoke and me for some hiking, and you can let me know some of the good spots.

I know what you mean about the cold.  I use a drysuit year round down here.  There would have to be a pretty compelling reason for me to dive up north.  I've done it, but that was then.

I'll be up in NH for at least part of every summer.  Maybe you can meet Slowpoke and me for some hiking, and you can let me know some of the good spots.

I know what you mean about the cold.  I use a drysuit year round down here.  There would have to be a pretty compelling reason for me to dive up north.  I've done it, but that was then.

I always used a drysuit on every dive, even if the water was 80 degrees (with just shorts and a t-shirt under, of course), and get laughed at by everyone on the boat.  Then on the boat ride back in, I'd laugh back at all the wetsuit wearers who were freezing.  I converted several people.

Absolutely, give me a shout next time you're up here and I'll show you some of the secret spots in the Whites that only locals know.