EV+ After Upgrade

I knew I'd need to reset my home location after getting the upgrade, so when I got home I just started and stopped the car 11 times.  That worked fine, but the range of the EV+ was noticeably smaller than beforehand.  I hadn't known about the 11 times trick earlier, so I only got the EV+ at home when the car "learned it."

Although I still don't know why the range narrowed, the car has now "learned" that I regularly stop at the Starbucks about half a mile from home.  So on my way home  I now get EV+ from that location, and then, shortly thereafter, from home.

I don't intend to do this, but this raised my curiosity.  Could you set a number of locations, using the 11 times method, so you'd get an extended EV+ range?  I assume this would stop working when you ran out of battery power, but are there any other downsides?  Has anyone tried this?

I am now thinking of setting another location about half a mile from work so I'll get there on a more extended range of battery power.

What is the limit on the number of locations the car can recognize?

Although my typical day is 40 to 60 miles a day, I only work about a 1/2 mile from home (long story).   Needless to say, both home and work EV+ locations string together.  This can be a bad thing if I'm approaching this long EV+ zone with an all ready low battery as it will really drain it down and I'll pay for it the next morning.  How?  With any kind of battery reserve, I can typically make it out of my neighborhood on EV power and then tap into the ICE and its initial morning warmup on higher speed roads where I can get a good pulse going.  If the ICE fires up in the garage and runs through my initial slow neighborhood speeds (school zone) I dig a big, big FE hole right off the bat.

Because of my special circumstances, I'm thinking about turning EV+ off and see if that actually improves FE.

Remember, all your EV range comes from gas; one way or another.

YMMV

Before the update I had 4 EV+ locations....home, work, Kroger (which I pass on the way to/from work, so I got extra there, and my dealership. Haven't been to the dealership since the upgrade, so I don't know about that one, but so far I only have home and work, and I had to *force* both of those. Kroger, altho I've been there more than 11 times in the month since the upgrade, has yet to achieve EV+ status. I'm tempted to force it  x 11 but don't want to lose work/home......the ongoing science project that is my car  :airquote: