Introduction from Canada

lunawolf

I am a C-Max owner living in BC Canada.

I bought a 2013 C-Max in December 2012. It is titanium white, SEL Hybrid.

I love it! :-)

One of the things I love about this vehicle is that because I have a genetic bone condition that affects my hands I really appreciate push button start, capless gas tank, voice control, keyless entry and a shifter that is easy for me to use. I also love that the rear seats fold down easily and don't hurt my hands. Oh and I also love the foot control on the trunk too!

I am in love with the panoramic sunroof as I love sunshine and light and I love the sound system, navigation, heated seats, colour themed lights, spacious interior...I can't think of anything I don't like. :-)

Glad to join the forum!

~ LW

Welcome LW!  We're from Seattle and visit south Surrey occasionally.  We love the sunshine too, and count every ray - because we all know it is cloudy & rainy so much in the great Pacific NW.  Love your area!  You will need to meet Laurel! Great write up of our favorite features as well.

Nick

Welcome LW. We are in South Surrey too.  Have you had your updates done yet?  We have had our C-Max since last November.  We haven't done the upgrades yet.  We are waiting for our October check up and will do everything then.  We are apprehensive about the updates as everything works well now and we fear screwing things up.  We will have our servicing done in Langley where we bought our car.

Hi Laurel,

No I haven't done the updates yet. I didn't hear of the panorama sunroof recall until I joined this forum although I am aware of the software update I need to do. Also time for an oil change too.

I thought I saw a white cmax driving down hwy 15 several months back but I thought I must have been mistaken as another one in the area would be such a coincidence, but it must have been you! Small world! :-)

LW we have Ice Storm for our colour so that wasn't us.  However we do go up and down Hwy.15 lots of times.  The panorama roof doesn't need a recall.  Just the nav system and the power train upgrades to improve mileage.  I'll post after we get ours done.  I need to book us in pretty soon.  Supposedly we can use our salesman's demo if we coordinate things with him as no free loaners for servicing are provided.

Welcome, Lunawolf. You'll find a lot of great information here in the forum, and people who are more than happy to help you enjoy your vehicle.

Mike

Mike;  I really like my SEL hybrid, but I wish Ford had put on DRL's. I Have been told by my service dep't, that if I put on little LED's around my headlights ( Audi style ), Ford will void my warranty !!  Any thoughts? 

xphotoguy.

Do a search for the DRL thread. Here's the gist:

- FORD offers DRLs as a fleet option only

- some dealers have been willing to activate them for non-fleet customers like us 

- the work-around is to put the lights on "auto" so they turn off with the "key," then cover the dash sensor (dome at foot of windshield) so they stay on

HAve fun,

Frank