60-80 MPH, 46 MPG

Jmonty

I just got back from Denver and was pleasantly surprised again by my Cmax.  Either my engine is just fully broken in or I must have had a tail wind both ways:

IMAG1247_zps0816a0ee.jpg

This is round trip, and the starting and mid point are both about a mile from the interstate.  Most of the way the speed limit is 75 MPH but we were going 50-60 MPH at times due to traffic.   I didn't baby the car, and accelerated at 2-3 bars generally, but I do toggle eco-cruise on/off frequently, and avoid braking suddenly.  Other than that I go 3-5 MPH over the speed limit to stay with the flow of traffic.       

Colorado Springs (starting/end point) elevation is listed at 6,010 ft while Denver (mid point) is listed at 5,130–5,690 ft, but the route has rolling hills.

I'm jealous :worship: , but we run 75 to 80 eco cruise 90+% of the time with a few stops for gas and food = mid 30's frm N Texas to Walsenburg CO. and back.

Next yr I'll try a few sessions WITHOUT eco cruise and reset Trip 2 after we're up to speed.

Most of our new cars and motorcycles have been average.

BUT I've had 2 new cars and 1 new motorcycle that were much better than identical cars/motorcycle.

Looks like with this C-Max it's get back to average time...ooowelll.

1 good + 1 average + 1 poor divided by 3 ='s average.

OK, gotta ask.....how many people and how much luggage? We just got back from 400 or so miles from Michigan to Indiana, basically flat, post  update, 12,000 + miles on the car, eco-cruise set at 70 and we got 38.9 mpg. There were 3 people and equivalent luggage.

myself, my wife, and a larger than average baby, with barely any luggage.

generally i'd expect closer to 40 mpg for that trip, that's why i was so surprised.

Just back from burning a couple tanks on the Interstates... worst mileage so far

- 38 MPG going West (into prevailing wind) with unladen car and a tank of Sunoco 93 but dry roads

- 33 MPG going East with a full-but-not-laden car and a tank of 87 from a vapor recovery pump, with rain and more rain.

Lots of things contribute, but this marks the end of Phase I - Porter's in for 13B07, and the others a well (MFT, liftgate, door chime).

In response, the unusually nice Fall weather is leaving... last 70F day for a while I expect!

HAve fun,

Frank

I saw 49mpg for 500 miles round trip at 75 to 80mph from home to Michigan and back.

About 3mpg is due to my wheel covers and grille blocks. That trip was done with three adults and a full complement of camping gear.

I do think some cars are inherently better mileage than others.

Matt

that's amazing!  luckily most of my driving is city but i might have to look into those wheel covers next summer.  

i think part of that success is the temp has been perfect lately, i didn't need the heat or AC, just the fan on low.  i'm still not certain how having the heat on affects mpg but it seems like it keeps the ICE on more. 

Just back from burning a couple tanks on the Interstates... worst mileage so far

- 38 MPG going West (into prevailing wind) with unladen car and a tank of Sunoco 93 but dry roads

- 33 MPG going East with a full-but-not-laden car and a tank of 87 from a vapor recovery pump, with rain and more rain.

Lots of things contribute, but this marks the end of Phase I - Porter's in for 13B07, and the others a well (MFT, liftgate, door chime).

In response, the unusually nice Fall weather is leaving... last 70F day for a while I expect!

HAve fun,

Frank

ouch, ya 35-37 was what i got on my first cross country trip pre-update.  that was a shock but in the scheme of things isn't too bad.  my 2003 lincoln aviator gets like 16 mpg highway, lol