Upgrade to an Energi

rkk

It's a credit to your Federal income taxes in the year you buy the car.  Just be sure to have enough tax liability for the full credit as there's no carry-over provision.  Some states have credits too.

I have to take the standard deduction and get a small refund every year, so I guess I'm out of luck.

Edited by Edsel

That makes sense.  As long as I paid more than $4007 in Federal taxes I get they money back.  Thanks.

You don't get it back unless you're referring to over-withholding, then you would be getting a larger refund.  Otherwise you get to credit it off the amount you owe and just pay the net.

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

I was at my dealer yesterday to have them replace the headliner (not related to the recall) but as it turns out, Ford elected to just replace the black weatherstrip for the rear hatch.  Looks better but not what I was promised. 

While I was there I went out on the new car lot and parked in single file line were 14 2013 CMaxes, 2 were SE models the rest SEL's fully loaded.  Wide range of colors including silver, red, blue and oxford white.  No Platinum White models.  9 were Engergi's the rest Hybrid models.  Come to Frontier Ford if you want a brand new CMax which are deep discounted with 2014's on the way.

But stay away from a Job 3 if you can avoid it. This is a major thread on the Energi forum but might be important here too. Ford stopped displaying MPGe and Lifetime statistics some time in July. I don't know the exact date.

MPGe is meaningless on the hybrid but useful for a plug-in. Lifetime statistics are useful for all. I never had lifetime stats on the Prius and didn't know any better, but I really like it on the Max. I guess Ford didn't want people to be too focused on fuel efficiency.

You are right. MPGe sounds like a number you can relate to but it is not sufficient to figure actual costs per mile. Taking the loss from wall to battery and the high electricity cost in my area into account, I figure that gas and electric are nearly equivalent in cost. The best chance at efficiency then becomes when to use which energy source. I make sure i have enough battery capacity left for heavy traffic, where electric blows gas out of the water.

The funny thing is that my electric usage compared to last year has not gone up since I got my Energi and I can't explain why not, since I use about 7KWH at the wall every day to charge up. So it feels like those 21 or so miles each day are free. I replaced some old ACs and switched to energy efficient light bulbs, but that was before I bought the car.

Energi model only makes sense if you have low electricity rates. In NYC it is more than $.20/kilowatt and there is usually no off-peak rate. It is cheaper for me to fill up the CMax with regular gasoline than paying for electricity charges. For local trips about 20 miles without high speed driving I can get 49+MPG easily with the regular Cmax

Ooh that's rough.

I thought almost everyone in NYC took taxis and the subway? lol