Don't try this in a CMax....;)

Jus-A-CMax

I'm trying to remember the price they quoted me, I hit a safety cone that fell out of some dips truck on the freeway, which to the repair department was the cause of that fabric being torn, (though I've been feeling this vibration since about the 3rd day in my C-max) it was either $100 or $250 (each side), I forget, but we were trying to diagnose the vibration I feel coming up through the floorboard, and they let me sit in it while they put it up a little way on the hoist and the guy just flicked that aero cover thing by pulling down on it a couple millimeters and letting it snap back up, and I could FEEL that through the floorboard...

I considered those aeroshields failing and / or vibrating a design flaw, so I'm not gonna spend $200-500 just so they can tear again or vibrate.

I do have unusually good touch sensitivity, but that seems a bit thin to me if I can feel it through my feet!

One of these days I'll get around to bringing it in to have them temporarily remove the aeroshields to see if that vibration disappears. If it does, I might just leave them off and take the mpg hit.

Or replace them with something less vibratey. 

Edited by MacGyver

I'm trying to remember the price they quoted me, I hit a safety cone that fell out of some dips truck on the freeway, which to the repair department was the cause of that fabric being torn, (though I've been feeling this vibration since about the 3rd day in my C-max) it was either $100 or $250 (each side), I forget, but we were trying to diagnose the vibration I feel coming up through the floorboard, and they let me sit in it while they put it up a little way on the hoist and the guy just flicked that aero cover thing by pulling down on it a couple millimeters and letting it snap back up, and I could FEEL that through the floorboard...

I considered those aeroshields failing and / or vibrating a design flaw, so I'm not gonna spend $200-500 just so they can tear again or vibrate.

I do have unusually good touch sensitivity, but that seems a bit thin to me if I can feel it through my feet!

One of these days I'll get around to bringing it in to have them temporarily remove the aeroshields to see if that vibration disappears. If it does, I might just leave them off and take the mpg hit.

Or replace them with something less vibratey. 

"$100 or $250 (each side),"

I've changed our oil twice, there's only 1.

The next time you have your oil changed have them leave it off, they have to take it off.

Make sure you get ALL the torx bolts with the cover.

We towed ours over a dead truck tread, scratched the heck out of it but didn't hurt it.

Edited by wab