Car Chase

wab

A Prius was in a car chase in the Dallas/Ft Worth area last night.

I know the media has to make the story as interesting as possible.

BUT come on 100 MPH in a Prius :lol2: .

There is one famous incident involving a 100 mph Prius discussed here;

http://green.autoblog.com/2007/08/21/woz-gets-700-ticket-for-going-105-mph-in-a-prius/

It seems Gore Junior is not alone. Apple co-founder Steve "the Woz" Wozniak got a $700 ticket for going 105 MPH in a Prius back on March 28. When asked, Woz playfully denied the charges. "Not true," Wozniak replied, "104 MPH. I pleaded guilty, with an explanation." In an e-mail exchange with Mr. Roadshow, he explained that since he's been all over the world, he'd "gotten used to kilometer speeds." The judge smiled and fined him anyway.

The March incident is not his first time speeding in the Prius. He had previously taken it that high last Thanksgiving en route to a Bob's Big Boy in Burbank. He was "surprised" his Prius showed itself to be "very stable, even with major gusting winds" compared to his HUMMER. Yep, you read that correctly: Woz has a HUMMER, too. He advised the judge that he now observes the proper speed limit.

"I'm not a fast person or a fast driver," he says. "I'm very laid-back and patient and don't mind going slowly at all." Besides, fuel efficiency goes down when you go faster. Instead of 55 MPG, you might only get 31 MPG. Well, depending on the wind speed, says Woz... and he would know.

[source: San Jose Mercury News]

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of sheer curiousity I decided to google my car chase. As it appears this is all I've found. Yes I'm the driver of that prius. Let the comments and questions rain down upon me, good or bad. What is the group thought of this topic?

Hey man we need the deets!

I had a Gen III prius and it supposedly has a 115mph top end.  I had mine up to 90mph or so passing some folks who were doing 75mph-ish but it was starting to play out.