New Wheels

otbiker

I think I'm ready to put some sportier wheels on the C Max. Something a bit brighter in the five spoke variety.

Anyway, is there any interest from someone wanting the stock wheels? Possibly for you folks who install snow tires? Otherwise, I'll send them to the recycle yard.

If you don't find a home for them, put them on craigslist.

You should get +/- $400.00 for the set.

Contact a company like this one, they will buy your rims.

http://newwheel.com/

They don't have any but if they did they would get $246 each

I found some on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-C-MAX-FOCUS-17-2012-2013-FACTORY-OEM-WHEEL-RIM-SILVER-98152-/200883412834?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item2ec5959f62&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually I'll look for wheels, but instead of aero, I'll go for less weight. Our C-max doesn't see much highway use, so less weight would be better for us. I put Centerline forged aluminum, made in the USA wheels on all my cars. I'm not much on style directing me to a specific wheel, so I just watch their overstock wheel sales until the size and bolt pattern I need is available for cheap. I paid $99 each for the 17's on my Focus ZXW right now. That's ridiculously cheap for a forged aluminum wheel that weighs 15-16 lbs. 

I am interested in hearing from people who installed 16" wheels- I'd like a little more tire to avoid pothole damage. All that is way in the future though. We'll see how long the factory Michelins last.