Ramping a 2014 C-Max Hybrid

IDK about the 2014 but you really need a low rise design ramp for the 2013.  Even with those, I'm about 50/50 at pushing them some before the tires grab them.  I've found pointing the car and ramps down the slope on my driveway eliminates the pushing compared to being level in the garage.  

Edit:  forgot to add pic to demonstrate.

c704a382-0a73-4b02-8137-75e76c22fd56_zps

Edited by fotomoto

I use some gorrilla ramps I bought at Pep Boys years ago.  They work great for me when I need to get under Maxus.  However it can be a challenge getting up and onto the flat part at the top of the ramp.  When my tire touches the end of the ramp they would slide forward on my garage floor.  So I do one of two things to stop this.  I used a concrete drill bit and drilled holes in my garage floor right where I want my ramps to sit.  I tapped into each drilled hole a lead hole tap (bought at Home Depot) which allows a screw to thread in and out of the tap sleeve compressed into the hole.  This holds the ramps in place as I start to drive up the ramp.  Also if I want to leave the car out on my driveway and not in the garage.  There is a raised edge to my garage floor where it meets the driveway concrete, this uneven edge holds the ramps in place as I drive up onto the ramp.  I have no problem with clearing the front fascia before the tires begin to ramp up.  My ramps are made of a strong durable plastic with a gradual up rise about 12" long before the tires roll into the cupped section which holds the car in place on the ramps.  The car sits about 12 inches higher than when sitting with all 4 tires on the ground.  I have four of these ramps and it if I want all four tires raised off the concrete.  I place one ramp in front of each tire and then slowly drive forward placing all 4 corners on a ramp.  I think the 2014 air deflectors would pose a problem with most tire ramps.  But it most likely wouldn't hurt anything if it did rub.  On my CMax there is enough slop in the black plastic fascia panel that it most likely would just bend with the pushing into the air deflectors.  When I drive up my ramps with my 5 inch wide air dam that I designed, it doesn't even rub on my ramps.

Hope that helps you?

IDK about the 2014 but you really need a low rise design ramp for the 2013.  Even with those, I'm about 50/50 at pushing them some before the tires grab them.  I've found pointing the car and ramps down the slope on my driveway eliminates the pushing compared to being level in the garage.  

Edit:  forgot to add pic to demonstrate.

c704a382-0a73-4b02-8137-75e76c22fd56_zps

BTW those are the same ramps I have