MFT gets overloaded

Laurel

It sure gets annoying if we use MFT and voice commands on a longer trip as it seems with repeated and frequent use the whole system gets fried and does not respond to even the basic commands.  Our system seems to work perfectly until we make heavy use of it on a trip.  Very frustrating to have reliance on a system that falls apart.  We went into the city last night and really needed to count on it and it stopped recognizing basic commands.  And no I won't be taking it to the dealer as those encounters have been less than happy.  I am hoping the system will do its usual going back to normal after it sits in the garage overnight.  What a damned pain!  We do love our C-Max, but these sorts of things make us want to trade it in.  G-r-r-r-r!

Rebecca I am gun shy with involving you.  If we had battery failures or major mechanical issues, I would.  But for our complaints we would be branded whiners. 

I would contact Rebecca and let Ford MFT team know about it. Could be caching, could be other issues that MFT has a poor handling in the background. Plus...you already have a whole thread on this issue with 5 postings to it and lord knows how many views - so its out in the open. Now, did you say wining...red or white wines?   ;)

..and also Rebecca is here to help, so USE her. Speaking of which, I assume my slider request for the player will be delivered at the next release of MFT, right  :drool:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Rebecca I am gun shy with involving you.  If we had battery failures or major mechanical issues, I would.  But for our complaints we would be branded whiners. 

Like Jus-A-CMax said, use me... just don't abuse me. ;) This is what I'm here for and don't consider it whining.

I would contact Rebecca and let Ford MFT team know about it. Could be caching, could be other issues that MFT has a poor handling in the background. Plus...you already have a whole thread on this issue with 5 postings to it and lord knows how many views - so its out in the open. Now, did you say wining...red or white wines?   ;)

..and also Rebecca is here to help, so USE her. Speaking of which, I assume my slider request for the player will be delivered at the next release of MFT, right  :drool:

LOL! Unfortunately, I cannot speak to that, but I'll be sure to let you know if and when I can. Maybe you can send a little "wining" my way. J/K

Rebecca

Jus I am somewhat optimistic Ford is reading here, and they will take note of problems.  They must know about these issues for pete's sake.  We have had this from day one.  Enter 3 or 4 items out on a drive and all is well, and then if you enter 10 or so over the space of half an hour the brain of the computer is fried.  Interesting too was another incident with the fried system, I walked behind Tip swinging a shopping bag and the hatch went up as though I had swung my foot under the bumper.  Freaky eh?  I just came back from running around and all seems fine now, but I did not ask a lot of the system on this trip.

It only took a year to get someone from Ford paying attention here... I wish Rebecca had been around last year - maybe I wouldn't hate Ford and they could have saved a future customer had one single thing gone better last year... As it is MFT and my dealership experience has left a super bad taste in my mouth about Ford... It's all well documented in these forums...

Jus I am somewhat optimistic Ford is reading here, and they will take note of problems.  They must know about these issues for pete's sake.  We have had this from day one.  Enter 3 or 4 items out on a drive and all is well, and then if you enter 10 or so over the space of half an hour the brain of the computer is fried.  Interesting too was another incident with the fried system, I walked behind Tip swinging a shopping bag and the hatch went up as though I had swung my foot under the bumper.  Freaky eh?  I just came back from running around and all seems fine now, but I did not ask a lot of the system on this trip.

I am sure they are. R u sure Tip didn't have a sip or 2 while you were away...that is freaky...but like I posted @TheBar thread...my MFT even gave me Global Warming. Nothing surprises me - but overall, I am still very happy with it but I may not use as much feature as you do.

And fhat is saying a lot Valkraider. You, Jus, and Laurel were among their best spokesmen (persons) a year ago. The engineers are able to come up with something good but it isn't complete and the dealer network doesn't have the tools to support it fully. Add that most salesmen have no clue or interest in hybrids and you end up underselling and undersupporting a great product with real potential.

Edited by Tdefny

It only took a year to get someone from Ford paying attention here... I wish Rebecca had been around last year - maybe I wouldn't hate Ford and they could have saved a future customer had one single thing gone better last year... As it is MFT and my dealership experience has left a super bad taste in my mouth about Ford... It's all well documented in these forums...

I wish I could have been here sooner, valkraider, especially since Jus likes to pass out wine all the time!

I would prefer that you don't hate Ford, and would like to make you happy with us and your C-MAX again. Have you already been in contact with your regional manager? If you have, I'd like to look at the case; if you haven't, I'd like to escalate your frustrations. Please send me you VIN in a private message when you get a chance.

Rebecca