MFT ver 2

redhawk87

I was reading some articles today about the 2015 ford focus and they mentioned SYNC 2... I have a 2013 c-max and did not know what version of SYNC I have. When I go to the ford website and login, it says I have SYNC Gen2. Is that the same thing as the SYNC 2 with the 8 inch screen they put in the 2015 focus? If the SYNC 2 they are putting in the Ford Focus is different, will I get the update?

I read that Ford has dropped Microsoft for sync and is using another company now.  I think the new Focus will have this.  I know they made a lot of changes to the system.  I think C-Net had a review on the new Focus that talked in detail about the changes.   So I would really be suprized if they offered an upgrade on the C-Max. 

I was reading some articles today about the 2015 ford focus and they mentioned SYNC 2... I have a 2013 c-max and did not know what version of SYNC I have. When I go to the ford website and login, it says I have SYNC Gen2. Is that the same thing as the SYNC 2 with the 8 inch screen they put in the 2015 focus? If the SYNC 2 they are putting in the Ford Focus is different, will I get the update?

I HIGHLY doubt it...my guess is a change in hardware + software.

The APIM (the computer that runs SYNC) is just a ARM based system that should be able to run any number of operating systems. However, what does Ford gain if they spent the manpower to put their new QNX version on it? They already sold the car, they got their money.

The APIM (the computer that runs SYNC) is just a ARM based system that should be able to run any number of operating systems. However, what does Ford gain if they spent the manpower to put their new QNX version on it? They already sold the car, they got their money.

If it is possible, especially if it is not difficult or costly to upgrade, I would imagine that the positive buzz that Ford would get would be a big plus.

LOL...No disrespect but so is a Raspberry Pi, Pogo Plugs, and countless smart phones ...that doesn't mean much.

Edited by dumbcomputers

more info on the switch over...looks like its a rumor only at this point and nothing is set in stone. see links below

I used to work for an automotive OEM part mfg and I know each part has to go thru YEARS to qualification first and any changes take a long time to get thru the pipeline on any design stuff:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-32969_3-57619624-300/ford-not-married-to-microsoft-for-next-gen-sync-but-blackberry-isnt-necessarily-in/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57619452-94/blackberry-said-to-be-replacing-microsoft-in-fords-new-cars/

I read that Ford has dropped Microsoft for sync and is using another company now.  I think the new Focus will have this.  I know they made a lot of changes to the system.  I think C-Net had a review on the new Focus that talked in detail about the changes.   So I would really be suprized if they offered an upgrade on the C-Max. 

more info on the switch over...looks like its a rumor only at this point and nothing is set in stone. see links below

I used to work for an automotive OEM part mfg and I know each part has to go thru YEARS to qualification first and any changes take a long time to get thru the pipeline on any design stuff:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-32969_3-57619624-300/ford-not-married-to-microsoft-for-next-gen-sync-but-blackberry-isnt-necessarily-in/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57619452-94/blackberry-said-to-be-replacing-microsoft-in-fords-new-cars/

Thanks.