New owner checking in

Braker

Picked up a used 2013 SEL with 16K miles on it yesterday. I was looking at the dealers website to see what Focus ST's they had in stock...as I was pretty set that is what I was going to buy. I came across the C-max, didn't know anything about it, did some research that night (a lot) and went to look at it in person the next day (Sunday). I was completely unprepared to buy a car that day, kind of on purpose, but I had a number in mind if I liked the car I would take a shot with.

The dealer could not find the car on their lot initially, so I test drove a new one, and when I got back they had found it. That was kind of nice so I got to compare a perfect brand new one to the used...drove the same so that was good. I was really blown away by these cars. 2 days before I was test driving a Fiesta ST and a Focus ST, and my previous vehicle was a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab that I loved. Hybrid was really not on my radar, this car is just so impressive.

Ended up working a deal out and I told them I had to think overnight and will let them know the next day. I had kinda rushed into the Cmax thing and although I had done a fair amount of research I wanted to confirm everything and do some more. Later that evening I knew I was going to go back and get it the next day and was getting excited.

All I can say is I have had this car for a little over 24 hours now and I freaking love it. I look forward to driving now! Even in traffic! These cars are amazing I think everyone should buy one...it's that good. I have driven it now about 150 miles and am averaging 46.1 in that time, and I was trying at times but also not worried about it too much. I watched videos and live by the empower screen and have such a blast doing it.

Being in San Diego it is pretty hilly here so although it isn't ideal for max mpg it is fun cresting the hills and backing it into EV and cruising. This car is just amazing, great power, feel, comfort, features and incredible mpg.

I am getting my windows tinted tomorrow and will put up a pic then!

Welcome to the forum :)

Theres a few members down in SD, Roninsd is the most prolific. Yeah, the CMax is a real gold nugget for sure, glad you found it.

It can be a beast, or it can be a graceful ice dancer when you literally skate on EV from light to light to max the MPGs..its all up to your right foot.

I live up north in the San Fernando valley and I easily do daily total of 60MPG pure city, or 55 MPG with freeway/city (50% mix) for the work day drive. Not bad at all.

The drive quality is the best, super precise and wait till you fold down the seats and max the space inside.

...but for now, jus enjoy the CMax and forgetabout MPGs. Read up on the forum, lots and lots and lots of hints and tips (see my sig for example) and keep on posting.

:rockon:

Welcome to the forum.  You have a great car there.  My husband and I went into the dealer looking at the Escapes and were blown away by the CMAX.  We've had it a year in January and I love the way it drives.  It's been great in the snow for me, too.  Beats the heck out of my 2008 Honda Civic in handling.

Thanks for the replies...and yes Jus I will take your advice and not sweat the mileage yet too much and just enjoy it, although I kinda can't help myself and try sometimes because it's so fun. So far I'm at 44.5 mpg avg and that isn't doing anything crazy, I am so impressed. Got my windows tinted today and a guy was there with his little Honda CR-Z and telling me how he gets 39 with it...I had to mention that I'm getting 45 with my larger and faster car :P

Thanks for the replies...and yes Jus I will take your advice and not sweat the mileage yet too much and just enjoy it, although I kinda can't help myself and try sometimes because it's so fun. So far I'm at 44.5 mpg avg and that isn't doing anything crazy, I am so impressed. Got my windows tinted today and a guy was there with his little Honda CR-Z and telling me how he gets 39 with it...I had to mention that I'm getting 45 with my larger and faster car :P

pssssst....it gets :love_shower: BETTER :love_shower:

Also I bought mine tinted. Initially I didn't want to spend the money but wow - I am so luvin these tinted windows, makes the CMax look way. way better.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay there, but here is a pic of my ride! I tinted the windows immediately after I bought it...I love white vehicles with dark tint, and I just finished doing the wheels in black. I'm not a big modder I usually keep things pretty stock but I might do a few things to this one. I like it a lot.

B3

B1

B2