P1764

aeboi863

Does anyone know what this code is? 2013 cmax, I was braking and car was regenerating when suddenly it lurched hard, around 45mph and kicked ice back on then once I did a key cycle check engine light was on with code p1764 and said manufacturer control auxiliary inputs/auxiliary outputs

Thank you for your help,

MW

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, well that explains it.

Under Electronic Throttle Control in the Ford OBD Operations Summary manual:   P1674 – Internal control module software corrupted (MIL, hazard, wrench light for Gen3 / Gen4)

You probably had an anomaly with software / messaging and thus perhaps sensor inputs couldn't be reconciled and the PCM started ICE. Since the CEL illuminated, it was deemed a hard fault (not intermittent).   

Did the CEL go out?  Did you clear the stored code? Is everything now okay?  I would have gone to the dealer to document the DTC for warranty purposes.  The dealer would probably run pinpoint tests for wiring continuity and proper voltages.  I doubt the dealer would reload software unless Ford directed such.

P1674 is a manufacturer specific code and appears to be a "catch all" when there is not a specific fault found in a component which should throw a specific code for the issue.  This is for VW :

P1674 - Data Bus Powertrain, Implausible Message from Instrument Cluster

Symptoms:

• Function loss

Possible causes:

• Wiring and / or connections faulty
  • Fault code stored in corresponding control module
  • Control module incorrectly coded

Possible solutions:

• Check / repair wiring and connections
  • Check / erase fault code in Control Module
  • Check / repair coding in relevant Control Module
Edited by Plus 3 Golfer