What have I done!

TopherTheME

As of three days ago I am a new owner for a 2014 C-Max Energi SEL (302a)! My old 05 Honda Civic was falling apart and getting to be pretty dangerous to drive so I decdied that I would buy a Subaru Forester. After test driving a lot of cars, including the C-Max hybrid, I was torn between the C-Max and the Forester. My girlfriend then told me I was being stupid (as she often does) and said I should get the C-Max Energi since I have free charging stations across the street, down the road, at work, and at school and have a <15mi communte every day. Being an engineer (soon to have a PhD!) that designs batteries for HEV's for a living it makes a lot of sense to get a PHEV too. So I went to the dealer, got a great deal on my trade in and the car, and bought a new C-Max Energi right off the showroom floor.

I have to say, this is an absolutely fantastic car, especially for the price after all the incentives. I've spent a lot of time in the Volt, Prii, Electric Focus, Leaf, Think City, and some protoype PHEVs and BEVs, and I think the C-Max is the best of all of them except maybe the Volt, which its on par with. Still learning how to use the car, I don't even know how to turn the windshield wipers on or even if I have the rain sensor or not.

EDIT: I just realized that this the forum for the HYBRID C-Max and not the ENERGI C-Max. Guess I should go register in the correct forum.

post-2006-0-26624800-1397324945_thumb.jpg

Edited by TopherTheME

As of three days ago I am a new owner for a 2014 C-Max Energi SEL (302a)! My old 05 Honda Civic was falling apart and getting to be pretty dangerous to drive so I decdied that I would buy a Subaru Forester. After test driving a lot of cars, including the C-Max hybrid, I was torn between the C-Max and the Forester. My girlfriend then told me I was being stupid (as she often does) and said I should get the C-Max Energi since I have free charging stations across the street, down the road, at work, and at school and have a <15mi communte every day. Being an engineer (soon to have a PhD!) that designs batteries for HEV's for a living it makes a lot of sense to get a PHEV too. So I went to the dealer, got a great deal on my trade in and the car, and bought a new C-Max Energi right off the showroom floor.

I have to say, this is an absolutely fantastic car, especially for the price after all the incentives. I've spent a lot of time in the Volt, Prii, Electric Focus, Leaf, Think City, and some protoype PHEVs and BEVs, and I think the C-Max is the best of all of them except maybe the Volt, which its on par with. Still learning how to use the car, I don't even know how to turn the windshield wipers on or even if I have the rain sensor or not.

EDIT: I just realized that this the forum for the HYBRID C-Max and not the ENERGI C-Max. Guess I should go register in the correct forum.

My vote is with your girlfriend.  for an HV battery engineer not to drive a plug-in would be like the proverbial shoemaker whose children went barefoot.

And:  if you wanted a car tht approached the roominess and utility functionality of the Forester and approached the range and fuel economy of the volt, the C-Max Energi was not only the best choice; it was really the ONLY choice.

Happy motoring !

Edited by Smiling Jack

(Almost) Dr. Topher

Please stay with us mostly non-plugin owners on this forum and join the ENERGI forum too.  Your (Almost) Dr. title gives you some serious street cred.  You will learn a lot here that applies to the ENERGI and I expect you will be able to provide a different perspective on your C-Max experience.

TopherTheME first of all welcome and congrats on your decision to buy an Energi SEL.  You made the wise choice and I know you will enjoy it immensely and that will grow each passing day.  Since you have an SEL I think you probably have the the auto wiper option providing you bought the right option group?  I have it with the 303A option group along with the panoramic roof window option.  So enjoy and look forward to hearing from you in the future, but do check in with the Energi forum as your questions will be better received. :)

Edited by mtb9153

Yes as you've determined there are two nearly identical CMax forums and most NRG owners belong to both.  General car questions here and EV/battery/NRG specific questions there.  It's all good.  I'm always glad to see another ruby red join the site(s)!   :rockon:

BTW, my wife successfully defended her dissertation this week and will be graduating with her doctorate this May so I really can relate to your elation.  CONGRATS!

Edited by fotomoto

As of three days ago I am a new owner for a 2014 C-Max Energi SEL (302a)! ...

TopherTheME,

Congrats on your new C-Max! My name is Ashley and I'm the Ford rep here on the forum. I'm here to help with any questions or concerns you might encounter as you learn all about your new ride! :)

Ashley