Optional glass coverage insurance

bro1999

So my insurance company (Amica Mutual) offers premium glass coverage insurance. For my C-Max, it costs $36 a year extra, so if I get a chip/crack/someone smashes my windows, they will replace the glass for free (instead of having to cough up the collision/comprehensive deductible).

I initially declined that coverage on my C-Max, but then one day I was staring up through the moon roof and thought to myself, "Man, it would probably cost a ton to have the moon roof glass replaced". I called Amica and asked if the glass coverage included the moon roof. After a few minutes on hold, the rep told me that the moon roof was indeed covered. I decided to tack on the glass coverage that day.

For those of you with the moon roof, you might want to inquire about glass coverage to your insurance company. I think some companies even include glass coverage with their standard quotes.

Edited by bro1999

Yes, Geico includes full glass coverage at the $100 deductible comprehensive level for which I pay $54.22 per year.  It's not included on my other vehicle with $500 deductible comprehensive at $21.74 per year.  So, it was less than $33 to get full glass and lower deductible on the C-Max.

Also, for those that don't know the C-Max windshield is also expensive.  See here.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer