What made you choose the dealership you did?

Did anybody get a Costco rebate when they bought their C-Max?  A reputable Ford dealership (Brown Bros in Vancouver) told us straight up that "The mark-up on the C-Max is so slight there's no way you'll get a Costco rebate".  It turned out they were correct but when I asked at other dealerships I usually got the "I'm sure we can work something out."  BS.  I got the strong impression that some dealerships like to play dumb in order to get customers onto the lot.

I know that Costco has a car buying service, but what is a Costco rebate?

AAA also has a car buying option for their members for the near or below invoice price and no haggle issues with dealer

or here for California

http://www.calif.aaa.com/content/ace/ca1/home/automotive/buy-a-vehicle/car-buying-service.html

thats what I used for my own Passat 2 yrs ago and what we will be using for my wifes CMax when we finally decide to go for it

Edited by salsaguy

• 4 weeks later...

Buy from the dealer that gives you the best deal, service from the dealer with the best service department (learned that here), combine the two and you have a real winner.  We assumed that would be our only option, buy one place and service elsewhere, but got extremely lucky to combine the two.  (Second stickers, outrageous, yadda, yadda, yadda)

Nick

(Paul (below), too bad that wasn't reversed - as electric forerunners, our 'burden to bear', eh.)

Edited by C-MaxSea

They had a car in stock in the color I preferred with all of the equipment I wanted,

And - most importantly - Price:  They advertised $3,000 off of the price at a time when most other dealers in the area were asking essentially sticker price plus they gave me a price on my trade-in (Caamry Hybrid) that was neraly equal to what I had paid for it 2 years prior.

They were also the nearest dealer, but honestly I would have driven to the opposite side of the city for the right car at the right price.

I searched the internet for a Sterling Gray with 302A package.  The nearest two were both about 250 miles away so I drove to the city I knew best.  They gave me an internet price before I went that was in the range I thought reasonable.  The day I went there they gave me the price for my trade in I expected.

I chose Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, Ca. because my family has had great service from them since 1989.  My family has owned a total of 6 fords from them during that period.  They treat us like family and the manager that I bought Maxus from gives me his discount on all parts through the parts department :happy feet: