Loss of Power In Fast Lane Of LA Freeway At 70 mph

djoneshous

We purchased our C-Max Hybrid the end of Mar 2014. Yesterday, May 27, 2014, we were in the fast lane of the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles, Ca when our car instantly dropped from 70 mph to near 0 miles per hour. The monitor screen on the car showed the indicator for the gas fuel at zero. The tank was full, not empty The screen indicated Stop Safely. We crossed 4 lanes of traffic at less that 5 miles an hr and came to a stop in the on-ramp for the freeway. We cut off the engine and waited 5 minutes.  We re-started the car. The car ran normally after dying while in traffic. We drove to the Encino Ford Dealership which was the closest to us. Their computers at this facility found no code indicating a problem. Can any one assist with this issue or have experienced or know of a similar issue ?

I had the same situation with my 2012 Ford Focus. I was going 65 mph and the engine quit and rolled to a stop.  I waited about a minute and the car restarted.  I went directly to the dealer.  My car was in the shop for two days and they finally said the PCM or power control module went out. They replaced it and the car was fine after that.  I was wondering if the part came from China.

We purchased our C-Max Hybrid the end of Mar 2014. Yesterday, May 27, 2014, we were in the fast lane of the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles, Ca when our car instantly dropped from 70 mph to near 0 miles per hour. The monitor screen on the car showed the indicator for the gas fuel at zero. The tank was full, not empty The screen indicated Stop Safely. We crossed 4 lanes of traffic at less that 5 miles an hr and came to a stop in the on-ramp for the freeway. We cut off the engine and waited 5 minutes.  We re-started the car. The car ran normally after dying while in traffic. We drove to the Encino Ford Dealership which was the closest to us. Their computers at this facility found no code indicating a problem. Can any one assist with this issue or have experienced or know of a similar issue ?

djoneshous,

Let me see how I can help. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

I find it very hard to believe the car didn't generate at least one DTC, the dealer probably just didnt know how to look it up. A vehicle shut down is a major fault and is usually a last resort kind of thing unless something physically fails. Maybe try taking it to another dealer and see what they can find because problems like this have a history of repeating themselves.

scary indeed.hope you can get it resolved and it doesn't happen again, although to the shop it would be better if it did so they could see it actually happen so they can determine root cause and then do corrective action.

Intermittent issues are the worst thing for any manufacturing company. Better if it fails 100% then at least it's visible and fixable.

djoneshous,

Let me see how I can help. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

Ashley, can clarify for me if you are a Ford employee and your expertise to use the data you mentioned to take a look at our problem? I am very interested in your assistance on this matter. If you would, please call me. Dana Edited by djoneshous

Ashley, can clarify for me if you are a Ford employee and your expertise to use the data you mentioned to  take a look at our problem? I am very interested in your assistance on this matter. If you would, please call me at 925.954.7668.  Dana

Dana,

I am a Ford employee. I will use the information to review your records and then get your regional customer service manager involved in your case. I do not have a phone at my desk, so I can't call, but if you prefer to speak to someone via phone, you can call our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-FORD. I recommend editing your post to delete your phone number for your privacy.

Ashley

• 1 month later...