Newbie alert!

weebee

Hi every one! I wanted to join up and see what everybody is saying about the C-max. I just purchased a 2014 C-max and it has been delivered to my local Ford dealership. I'll be getting pictures of it tomorrow. I got a 2014 SE Tuxedo black with charcoal black interior. I got equipment group 203A plus winter package, pwr/htd mirror w/approach lights, heated seats, remote start.  I'm not a stranger to Hybrids. I had a 2006 Escape Hybrid. And I just bought a 2014 Subaru Hybrid Touring about a month ago. I'm signing my life away Monday for our new ride. I can't believe the difference in hybrids between the 2006 I had and the C-max. Talking about seamless in the start/stop sequences!

Welcome

be sure to read all the tips and tricks posted by Just-A-CMax

he is a WEALTH of info

see these threads as a good place to start

the CMax is a different animal than other hybrids and takes some changes to get the most out of it

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1751-jus-another-cmax-review/

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2599-my-2c-ev-driving/

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1306-ford-cmax-irvine-pow-wow/

Hi Nick, It depends on the weather. I'll drive the C-max pretty much three seasons. In the winter and bad weather it will be the CrossTrek. I drive 80 miles a day so we try to keep the miles even. We usually trade both vehicles off at the same time after 3 or 4 years. This is the first time in 15 years that both of our vehicles are not AWD. But, I couldn't help it, the C-max just called to me.

Welcome weebee. I see a fair few Escape hybrid around here in Los Angeles. They look decent but I heard their MPG was not too good even with the hybrid. My wife liked the Escape (when we were looking at cars) but the CMax IRONICALLY fit our needs much better. PS I never even considered the CMax as I wanted a FFH but one single test drive and I was blown away by the spaciousness, the VIEW and the utilitiy of the CMax...and it had GUTS as well. Unlike its competitors. RIght now, you can't believe the MPGs I am getting...and my car is 31,000 miles, went through a bad crash (didn't quite total it) and it been awesome....

yeah, check out the sub forums and feel free to participate. Our OT (Off topic) is the CMax Bar thread, and theres a number of us just post up some "interesting" stuff there...

Cheers & Welcome :rockon:

Thanks Jus-a-CMax. True, the Escape Hybrid never lived up to it's projected mpg. It had great potential though. Too bad they ditched it. I wasn't looking at the C-max at first either. I was looking at the Fusion Hybrid. I didn't care for the cramped feeling and so on a whim I asked for the keys to a C-max they had there. The rest is history. In about two hours I'm leaving to pick her up. I'm going to miss our 2011 Escape, but it was used almost always for town driving and 15 mpg was getting old! Thanks for the welcome!

You won't miss it one bit, that's what I say (add in that wee song here....)

Congratulations. For the 1s couple of tanks, drive the CMax like normal.As you atune to its wonderful whimsical ways, then slowly pick up and try out some hints & tips here. Trust me when I say, this car gets better and better with age...like a fine wine & a nice Angus steak to go with it, Eat that all day long....thats what the CMax is like to drive :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Hi every one! I wanted to join up and see what everybody is saying about the C-max. I just purchased a 2014 C-max and it has been delivered to my local Ford dealership. I'll be getting pictures of it tomorrow. I got a 2014 SE Tuxedo black with charcoal black interior. I got equipment group 203A plus winter package, pwr/htd mirror w/approach lights, heated seats, remote start.  I'm not a stranger to Hybrids. I had a 2006 Escape Hybrid. And I just bought a 2014 Subaru Hybrid Touring about a month ago. I'm signing my life away Monday for our new ride. I can't believe the difference in hybrids between the 2006 I had and the C-max. Talking about seamless in the start/stop sequences!

weebee,

Congrats on the new car! These guys are a great resource for driving tips and such, so definitely take advantage of their expertise. :) If you have any service questions or concerns, let me know and I'll lend a hand.

Ashley

Be sure to park it in the garage as much as possible and use some car cover when not.

Use a high quality wash and wax system like meguiars gold class or better.

Do a clay bar deposit removal frequently and don't use a rotary device to polish so you don't get swirl marks.must be an orbital. Even with all that it's still impossible to keep clean out cool.

Good luck

Thanks Salsaguy. I'll do some reading on that soon. The only thing I'm a bit concerned with is the color I pickede. Black is a great color. Just a pain to keep looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

The only Ford I ever owned was a 1963 Galaxy Starliner Deluxe with wide whitewall tires and room for eight teenagers. I got in high school for $350 and went to college in it, back in the early 70s. Then I jumped to foreign cars for 40 years. But, I fell in love with the C Max when I first saw their ad during the Super Bowl last year, and thought, it's time to check out an American car again. 

Last week, I bought a 2013 C Max SE base model with 4,000 miles and a repaired dent in the door, making it used but not certified, and bringing the sale price much lower than a perfectly new one. I figured it was worth it, since mechanically it's almost a new car. I didn't want navigation or all the fancy options, but I did want heated leather seats. So, I ordered them aftermarket from Ford when I bought the car and didn't have to get them in the SEL package. They're being installed at the dealer now. I hope they're as beautiful as I'm expecting! 

So far, I love my C Max and am getting high 30s and mid 40s on my commute which is 25 miles, 15 highway. I'm finally getting used to just driving the way I'm used to and not focusing on making the green leaves grow, which I found very distracting and no doubt so did drivers behind me. It's the first time I've had blue tooth and a hands free phone, and it has taken me a while to master using it beyond answering, but I did sync it myself! 

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to the greater C Max community, my new tribe! 

Welcome & congrats cbharvest!  Sounds like you will have it just the way you want it.  We could not be more pleased with ours.  The C-Max can fit many transportation needs & driving styles.  Get past the negative rants here, nix the leaves and enjoy the ride.

Nick