Cmax sighting on a comercial

JohnnOhio

Just wanted to see if anyone noticed this commercial,

They have a commercial out for General Insurance Co. that shows a guy back his C-Max into some trashcans at the end of his driveway.  I just laugh and think what's wrong with this guy. His back up camera not working.? How about the back up sensors? The beeping not loud enough for him? :lol2:

Just wanted to see if anyone noticed this commercial,

They have a commercial out for General Insurance Co. that shows a guy back his C-Max into some trashcans at the end of his driveway.  I just laugh and think what's wrong with this guy. His back up camera not working.? How about the back up sensors? The beeping not loud enough for him? :lol2:

Nice catch JohnnOhio.

Here's a link to the video   http://www.thegeneral.com/commercials/bad-driving-record/

Two problems with this commercial. 

1 - Not that the driver ever looked at the screen, but the back-up camera was not on when he was backing up.  Look at the 5 sec mark.  You can see the screen after the crash and before he shifts into park.

2 - Where is the General's penguin friend?  The penguin is the real star of their commercials.

Were you in attendance when the General spoke at a town hall meeting in Ohio?    http://www.thegeneral.com/commercials/town-hall-meeting/

Edited by DaveofDurham

Where is the General's penguin friend?

That's hilarious! It appears that he wasn't driving backwards in the part of the commercial that shows the interior at the time of the collision.

So, the trash cans were rolling towards the car!  Pushed by the penguin! :secret: Who isn't about to let himself be seen - even if he did just close another sale! :lol:

Cool. Good catch spotting of the CMax.

Hope none of you have the same problem with yours.

Never seen that one myself on tv

Based on the release date in 2013, it was obvious they were riding on the hot cmax right after it was released to the public.

Edited by salsaguy

Isn't the backup camera an OPTIONAL feature?  So isn't it possible that the car didn't have it?

My objection to the commercial is that we're supposed to believe that such a lovely woman would marry such a complete dork. 

Absolutely correct, it is an option.  I am so used to having it that I forgot it's not standard equipment (at least not until May 2018).

Edited by DaveofDurham