Instrument Panel symbols

Tom

I washed my car yesterday including wiping the dust off the dash board area.  Today, when I started the car, I got the passenger side airbag off sign lit and the traction control signs lit.

Checked the owners’ manual to see how to turn these signs off.  It’s not helpful.

Any assistance will be appreciated

Thanks,

Tom

Passenger Airbag on/off button is on the center dash.

On my 2013 SE it's the button on the far left of the center stack, located beneath the climate controls.

Page 48 in the 2013 user manual, 3rd printing.

Traction Control is turned on/off from the Left steering wheel control, under Settings.

Setting Traction Control on/off is covered on Page 125 in the 2013 user manual, 3rd printing.

Download the pdf manual for your year and model here:

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner%2FPage%2FOwnerGuideSearchPage

Once downloaded, the pdf manual is easily searchable for a single word, and much better than trying to use the table of contents or index.

I washed my car yesterday including wiping the dust off the dash board area.  Today, when I started the car, I got the passenger side airbag off sign lit and the traction control signs lit.

Checked the owners’ manual to see how to turn these signs off.  It’s not helpful.

Any assistance will be appreciated

Thanks,

Tom

Here's the latest in my current saga: Took the car into my Ford dealer Monday (yesterday).  Just talked to my service writer today.  A computer problem he said.  Can fix it so far.  They are talking with Ford.  Have a rental car.  Cost paid by my extended service coverage.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Here's the latest in my current saga: Took the car into my Ford dealer Monday (yesterday).  Just talked to my service writer today.  A computer problem he said.  Can fix it so far.  They are talking with Ford.  Have a rental car.  Cost paid by my extended service coverage.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Got my car back today!  It needed a new Restrant Control Module (RCM) and a new Sensor Asembly.

All seem to be right so far.