European C-MAX heritage - YouTube videos by Ford Europe - 2009 and 2010

kostby

There are 10 amazing videos in all, including a 'making of' video showing the intricate models built to do the 'pull out' Grand C-MAX video.

EDIT: The "current generation" C-MAX and Grand C-MAX were introduced in September 2009, and began selling in mid-2010. (C-MaxSea: Thanks for pointing that out. I have photos of the first generation on my pc, just wasn't think about it at the time.)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE271C71761923B8A

I'm actually amazed how little has changed in the transition between continents and power train technology.

Ford obviously adapted the 'grille shape inspired by Aston Martin' to much of the North American product line since 2009.

I do wish they'd brought those HID headlights to North America, but it's probably at odds with hybrid battery technology.

Edited by kostby

Very cool stuff, don't miss #9 (& 10). Saw one of these and some others a year or more ago.  Really great advertising they have done across the pond for a mature product line of non-hybrid versions.  As I've said before, sooooo glad they brought it over here and hybridized it so incredibly well - Atkinson cycle, .......................  A Grand Slam in my book.  Nick

(I'm guessing they will add some of these features as/if the market here matures to the product, and perhaps couple the upgrades with the 'next gen' version of our oh so sweet hybrid battery (+20%+-))

PS  I will double check, but I believe they introduced the C-Max in 2003, and these videos reflect the 2nd generation of the vehicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C-Max

Edited by C-MaxSea