So what the heck is the "other" forum?

Kelleytoons

Guys and gals,

I found this forum by doing a Google with "C-Max Forum" but originally there was another, almost identical forum that came up in my search.  And when I say "identical" I mean it -- the look and feel (down to even how you register) was *exactly* the same, so much so that after registering on one and then going to the other I was confused (because I thought I had registered for THAT one -- don't even ask me which was which at this point).

Indeed, the one slight difference was in the sub-forum categories -- even today that's how I tell them apart.  The "other forum" doesn't have quite as many as this one does, although nearly all the ones it DOES have are also identical to this one.  So you guys MUST be aware of this -- what is up?

At first I thought one was the "official" forum (maintained by Ford) and another a community forum, but both of them also bill themselves as "Community Forum and Club".  Now, the other one (which I posted on) doesn't seem nearly as active (none of my posts were commented on even a few days later, unlike here) but I remain a bit confused about things.  What's the history?  Some sort of rival split or something (the coincidence to how they look so identical is just too damning to be accidental).

Guys and gals,

I found this forum by doing a Google with "C-Max Forum" but originally there was another, almost identical forum that came up in my search.  And when I say "identical" I mean it -- the look and feel (down to even how you register) was *exactly* the same, so much so that after registering on one and then going to the other I was confused (because I thought I had registered for THAT one -- don't even ask me which was which at this point).

Indeed, the one slight difference was in the sub-forum categories -- even today that's how I tell them apart.  The "other forum" doesn't have quite as many as this one does, although nearly all the ones it DOES have are also identical to this one.  So you guys MUST be aware of this -- what is up?

At first I thought one was the "official" forum (maintained by Ford) and another a community forum, but both of them also bill themselves as "Community Forum and Club".  Now, the other one (which I posted on) doesn't seem nearly as active (none of my posts were commented on even a few days later, unlike here) but I remain a bit confused about things.  What's the history?  Some sort of rival split or something (the coincidence to how they look so identical is just too damning to be accidental).

Please post a link to this "other" forum.

I think Paul is referring to

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcmaxhybridowners.com%2F&ei=X8zFU-_HMMe6oQS-04DoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHJlRSK0kgqQmzaWkDVsfIhKSdIqQ&sig2=eYjJe5IfpduaUR_n8D9C-g&bvm=bv.71126742,d.cGU&cad=rja

I don't know if I've ever been over there before, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffice, but he is correct, it does bear an uncanny resemblance...so what is up with that?

Edited by BIG ROCCO

I don't know if I've ever been over there before, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffice, but he is correct, it does bear an uncanny resemblance...so what is up with that?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that place.  I'm still a member there under my old "CMaxer" moniker but more importantly so is Robert Lane (aka the admin here) so I'd say it's just another squatter site of his.  :future:

Edited by fotomoto

It's probably the evil twin site where all the negative reviews and bad data about the cmax we've been hearing about is coming from, set up by scared prius owners who Hate Ford and just want to cause trouble .....and take customers away from leaving to the "dark side" of American made car ownership.

;)

;)

:p

I think Paul is referring to

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcmaxhybridowners.com%2F&ei=X8zFU-_HMMe6oQS-04DoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHJlRSK0kgqQmzaWkDVsfIhKSdIqQ&sig2=eYjJe5IfpduaUR_n8D9C-g&bvm=bv.71126742,d.cGU&cad=rja

Yes, Paul is referring to the one I mean -- http://cmaxhybridowners.com/

So perhaps the consensus is that the forum admin here started that one as well?  It's very weird because I suspect there are folks over there posting who would love to know about this place (and if it's run by the same folks he could shut that forum down and just do a redirect to here).

Yes, Paul is referring to the one I mean -- http://cmaxhybridowners.com/

So perhaps the consensus is that the forum admin here started that one as well?  It's very weird because I suspect there are folks over there posting who would love to know about this place (and if it's run by the same folks he could shut that forum down and just do a redirect to here).

Seems like a good idea, I moved over because mentioned this one a year and a half ago. :)

Paul

a quick forum search here shows that someone brings this up at least once a year for the last couple years, but nobody in control of either site has ever said why they did it that way.

Apparently the same person owns all 3 domains. (the 3rd being an energi forum)

Edited by banditb17