Anyone want cloth seats but bought an SEL with leather seats instead? Are you happy?

Hi everyone

Trying to find an SE with MFT is not easy.  I think most just go to the SEL package instead.  I like cloth seats and did not want leather but that is not an option on an SEL.  Anyone want cloth seat but decided to go the leather route?   Are you happy with leather or would you rather still have cloth?  

I have never had a car with leather but in hot weather I would think they are hot and sticky.  Thoughts?  

Thx

It definitely takes patience, but you can locate many SE + 203A cars online in the region by searching Ford.com.

I didn't find any SE's in Michigan with Equipment Group 202A (the lowest price option to get MyFordTouch), but there are many with Group 203A, and Group 203A includes both 201A (power liftgate from keyfob or dash but without kick-to-open feature, reverse sensing system, and ambient lighting) PLUS Group 202A (Sync, MyFordTouch, and Sirius)

I used 48201 as a starting zipcode and selected Extended Inventory, specifying Model SE, and searched until I located the higher net prices, at least $24,735 or higher. Those are the SE's with Group 203A.

That's literally over 140 cars into the listing of more than 300 SE's, so you need to keep clicking 'Show More' at the bottom until the net price shown is $24,735 or higher.

As we near the end of the model year, you might find a 'deal' on an SE 203A. that makes the extra cost above 202A reasonable, especially compared with moving up to an SEL (all of them are equipped with MyFordTouch) at a price of at least net $25,495/$27,995 sticker without any other options (SEL with Equipment Group 300A)

The Extended Inventory search doesn't tell you WHICH dealer in Michigan has the cars you locate - some may be located in Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Illinois, as indicated at the bottom of the car page IN DLR, OH DLR, and so on.

The least expensive SE with 203A I located in Michigan is Ice Storm, and has a net price of $24,735 shown online, sticker price $27,235.

Here's the link:

http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer/Bob-Maxey-Ford-Inc-09834/model/2014-C-MAX/vin/1FADP5AU9EL506322?zipcode=48201&segment=Car&inventoryType=extended&ownerPACode=04229&lang=en&branding=1

Note that the dealer name displayed in that URL is NOT the dealer who has the car in inventory, but IS apparently the closest one to the starting zipcode I used, 48201 

And here's the Monroney window sticker.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU9EL506322&ref=VL

Here'a a quick sample of a few other SE's also with Equipment Group 203A

White Platinum http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU6EL512854&ref=VL

Ice Storm http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU7EL518484&ref=VL

Ruby Red http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU7EL510935&ref=VL

Many of them have other options that add to the bottom line cost, and of course the optional colors (Ruby Red, Blue Candy, and White Platinum) cost more.

Edited by kostby

Way hotter and sunnier here than Detroit but I have no heat issues with leather seats.  I like them for many reasons but like kostby I wouldn't go with black.   I'd think you'd want heated seats which are standard in the SEL.

I understand money is money but for me the SEL is a better value than the SE.   Once you get a car with keyless start and entry, you'll never want another vehicle without it.   I thought the rain sensing wipers would be borderline useless but they are great in their own way too.  There are way more features than those of course.  Just my 2cents.

We got the 202a package. We wanted an SEL with push to start, leather seats, reverse system but the payment was going to be a whomping $500 a month for it so we Got an SE with the winter package. The cloth seats are extremely comfortable. Plus we can always add the backup Cam and reverse sensing later on if we decide to keep it.

We didn't want leather either -- we have leather in our Durango and in the summer here (and me in my tennis gear) it's not very nice at all.

But we located an SE with all that we wanted *except* for the backup camera (it has the backup sensors and MFT and auto back gate, which is even more than we thought).  I think that's the 202a package but folks here will know for sure.  Actually, our dealer located it for us -- just let them know what you want and they will move heaven and earth to find it at their network of dealers that all help each other out.

Eventually I may add a backup camera but I'm not really missing it right now.  And I do love the cloth seats after I come off the courts (we hadn't had cloth seats in a car for 14 years and I forgot how nice they are).

We didn't want leather either -- we have leather in our Durango and in the summer here (and me in my tennis gear) it's not very nice at all.

But we located an SE with all that we wanted *except* for the backup camera (it has the backup sensors and MFT and auto back gate, which is even more than we thought). I think that's the 202a package but folks here will know for sure. Actually, our dealer located it for us -- just let them know what you want and they will move

heaven and earth to find it at their network of dealers that all help each other out.

Eventually I may add a backup camera but I'm not really missing it right now. And I do love the cloth seats after I come off the courts (we hadn't had cloth seats in a car for 14 years and I forgot how nice they are).

The backup cam is 595.00 , the ford one . Whata nice about it is that it is intergrated right in your mft system. We might get one as well.

It definitely takes patience, but you can locate many SE + 203A cars online in the region by searching Ford.com.

I didn't find any SE's in Michigan with Equipment Group 202A (the lowest price option to get MyFordTouch), but there are many with Group 203A, and Group 203A includes both 201A (power liftgate from keyfob or dash but without kick-to-open feature, reverse sensing system, and ambient lighting) PLUS Group 202A (Sync, MyFordTouch, and Sirius)

I used 48201 as a starting zipcode and selected Extended Inventory, specifying Model SE, and searched until I located the higher net prices, at least $24,735 or higher. Those are the SE's with Group 203A.

That's literally over 140 cars into the listing of more than 300 SE's, so you need to keep clicking 'Show More' at the bottom until the net price shown is $24,735 or higher.

As we near the end of the model year, you might find a 'deal' on an SE 203A. that makes the extra cost above 202A reasonable, especially compared with moving up to an SEL (all of them are equipped with MyFordTouch) at a price of at least net $25,495/$27,995 sticker without any other options (SEL with Equipment Group 300A)

The Extended Inventory search doesn't tell you WHICH dealer in Michigan has the cars you locate - some may be located in Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Illinois, as indicated at the bottom of the car page IN DLR, OH DLR, and so on.

The least expensive SE with 203A I located in Michigan is Ice Storm, and has a net price of $24,735 shown online, sticker price $27,235.

Here's the link:

http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer/Bob-Maxey-Ford-Inc-09834/model/2014-C-MAX/vin/1FADP5AU9EL506322?zipcode=48201&segment=Car&inventoryType=extended&ownerPACode=04229&lang=en&branding=1

Note that the dealer name displayed in that URL is NOT the dealer who has the car in inventory, but IS apparently the closest one to the starting zipcode I used, 48201 

And here's the Monroney window sticker.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU9EL506322&ref=VL

Here'a a quick sample of a few other SE's also with Equipment Group 203A

White Platinum http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU6EL512854&ref=VL

Ice Storm http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU7EL518484&ref=VL

Ruby Red http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5AU7EL510935&ref=VL

Many of them have other options that add to the bottom line cost, and of course the optional colors (Ruby Red, Blue Candy, and White Platinum) cost more.

Thx for all the info. I did not know that option was there.  I found many that would work and saves about $2k over the SEL.  an SE with 202A and the winter package and I think I would be good.  We might also consider the SEL if the dealer makes us a good deal. 

Going to look and compare the SE and SEL tonight. 

So I would guess that better rebates might be coming next month with the 2015 builds starting? 

Thx to everyone else that responded too!   This is a great forum. 

Thx for all the info. I did not know that option was there. I found many that would work and saves about $2k over the SEL. an SE with 202A and the winter package and I think I would be good. We might also consider the SEL if the dealer makes us a good deal.

Going to look and compare the SE and SEL tonight.

So I would guess that better rebates might be coming next month with the 2015 builds starting?

Thx to everyone else that responded too! This is a great forum.

Just to let you know the Residual Value is lower on the SEL model so it is more monthly. Yeah the SEL is nice, push start is great and power seats but honestly saving 2,000 by getting an SE was pretty good. I thought I'd miss push to start, power seats but I don't bc the cloth seats are so comfortable that I don't miss it.

Now our situation was different as we leased and didn't buy so we didn't have access to the rebates if you buy. Plus the rebate we did have got eaten up with payments we had left on our Escape. I am not sure if when you buy if the rebates the dealer has only lowers your payment by $17 bucks or not. My wife mostly drives our C-max but when I drive it, i love it. Sure ir doesn't have the sony HD radio but I can live without.