Navigation Questions

Okay, more observations.  I tried sending a destination to the car from Mapquest.  There's a good thread about doing it here so I won't recap except to note that the "Send to Car" option is NOT available unless you have both a starting and ending point (even though, with the NAV system, it will only use the ending point).

It works, although it seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to make the call to download the information.  I could have spoken the address much faster (although for someone like Wnuk perhaps Mapquest is a much better option).  But the most disappointing thing (and the reason I was trying this in the first place) is that although Mapquest allows you to "name" the route sent, the actual name doesn't come into MFT and it's just an address the same way as entering an address is.

The disappointment in this is I was hoping I could bypass the limitation of not being able to use mixed case letters in my favorites but because it comes in without a name the best you can do is then enter a name in upper case.  Sigh.  Again, Ford strikes out.

The other odd thing (and this one IS odd) is that it would not allow me to create a name tag of "Sanibel", saying it was too close to an existing command.  This is a BIG fail -- Nametags can't possibly conflict with commands since they are fully qualified (IOW, you can't just say "My Home" and have it do something -- you have to say "Destination" first.  To my knowledge there is no command after "Destination" that would sound like "Sanibel".  Indeed, the only "S" sound after "Destination" is "Street Address" and "Sanibel" sounds nothing like that).  

Have I mentioned that Ford needs IT folks to be beta?

Edited by Kelleytoons

After a while, you learn the shortcuts for voice commands. You don't have to say the complete command, once you learn the structure. For example, you can just say "DESTINATION-STREET ADDRESS" without first saying "NAVIGATION." Next time, try "DESTINATION-MY HOME." You'll get it. Just keep doing it, and it will become faster and second nature.

Look, I am not trying to justify the shortcomings of the product. I am just trying to tell you the easiest way to use it.