New buyers think carefully about what model you order

Laurel

Intelligent access with push button statr is NOT remote start.  If the car has remote start it will be stated just as that on the sticker:  "REMOTE START".  If it does not have it, the dealer can install it for an extra cost.  There are other posts on this site addressing this issue that you may want to consult.

On some of Ford's the intelligent access with push button start, the fob feature includes a remote start button on the fob.  I think the Escape is one of those models.  None of the C Max SEL models had the remote start feature listed as factory.  I believe remote start will be a dealer add on and not factory.   Just like the keyless entry number pad  that is unique to Ford is not available on the SEL or SE models from the factory.     

On some of Ford's the intelligent access with push button start, the fob feature includes a remote start button on the fob.  I think the Escape is one of those models.  None of the C Max SEL models had the remote start feature listed as factory.  I believe remote start will be a dealer add on and not factory.   Just like the keyless entry number pad  that is unique to Ford is not available on the SEL or SE models from the factory.     

C-Max Energi does have remote start from the factory.  (According to owner's manual, I don't have an Energi to verify.)

Thank you all so much! You are confirming what I thought.  When I didn't see "remote start" on the sticker, I assumed the vehicle did not have it, but the sales guy keeps saying, "I think it has it."  Thank you for the information. 

I think my car is arriving this week! I am beyond excited to see it! =) 

Thank you all so much! You are confirming what I thought.  When I didn't see "remote start" on the sticker, I assumed the vehicle did not have it, but the sales guy keeps saying, "I think it has it."  Thank you for the information. 

I think my car is arriving this week! I am beyond excited to see it! =) 

On my sticker under optional equipment: REMOTE START *DLR-INSTL 445.00

As long as you didn't pay for remote start I wouldn't worry about it, as now you have the opportunity to choose bi-directional or not.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought that the package that I ordered would have cruise control that would adjust the speed downward when behind a slower vehicle, like the Prius offers.  Just found that it is for parking use only.  Would not have ordered this way if I had known. 

I never heard of that feature in all my shopping/research.

It's called Adaptive Cruise Control and should be available when the Titanium gets here.

Along with power passenger seat, HID headlights, led's etc.

I just did a test drive of an SE last week.  When I tried to get specific about the options packages, my salesman very generously printed out the training materials that Ford uses to train the salepeople on the C-MAX, gave them to me, and told me to come back and to teach him!  Even the materials that Ford makes for their salespeople are not what I would call ultra-clear on the option packages.  So, that could explain why even the salespeople may be confused about the nitty-gritty.

I also fall into the camp of people that can't get the features that they want without getting the leather.  I live in Miami Beach, Florida.  Nobody that lives here in the summer wants leather.  I can't believe that Ford is not making some kind of regional version that has fabric seats on the SEL, or some kind of near equivalent option list for SE purchasers.

Because of this, I still have some thinking to do.  I am going to rent a C-MAX (they are starting to arrive at the Miami International Airport Budget Car Rental) for a full day to make my final decision about buying now, or perhaps waiting and hoping that the few "misses" people have mentioned (no LED headlights, leather required for best options) get worked out in the next year model.  This is going to be a tough decision.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, the rear back up camera is not standard on the SEL model.  I bought one and it has the rear back up warning alarm with sensor buttons on the rear bumper but, no camera.  The camera was an option package that required the auto tail gate lift, as I recall.  Different dealers ordered their inventory with varying options that they felt would maximize their sales profits.  I was very lucky that I found an SEL with the exact color and options that I wanted sitting right there waiting for me on the sales lot without having to make a special order.  I didn't have to pay for any options that I didn't want.  That is unusual these days!   The  "keyless entry/start/tailgate" refers to 1.  keyless entry (touch door handle to electronically unlock door), 2. push button start (no key required to start car) and 3. an additional button on the key fob to unlock tail gate but, this is not necessarily the auto open feature.  "Intelligent access" refers to #1 above and pushbutton start refers to #2 above.  

Edited by Generalbeluga