Don't forget to reset your clocks!

kostby

Is the C-MAX smart enough to know about Daylight Saving Time? 

Couldn't find anything in the 2013 owner manual. 

It's that time of year again!

Since 2006, much of the US and Canada observes Daylight Saving Time from the second Sunday in March until the first Sunday in November.

In a few hours, it will be the first Sunday in November,  and we "Fall Back" at 2AM/3AM.

In about 4 months, on the second Sunday of March, most of us will "Spring Forward"

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Where did you PUT all that daylight you've saved the last 8 months?

Do you bring it out now when it gets dark an hour earlier?

(I left the title generic enough that anyone searching for it in Spring or Fall will (hopefully) find this thread rather than have to start a new one.)

Having lived in 'timeless' Indiana during the 30-years prior to 2007 when we never changed the clocks, I think changing the clocks is a needless waste of time!

Brother Jus, something seems to have changed with Maxus since rolling past 32k miles.  In the last hundred or so miles I seem to be able to crank out a constant 45 AvMPG without even trying.  For the last week I've stayed between 45.4 and 46.2 with very little effort.  Even with more aggressive accelerator usage on both the freeway and urban roads.  Also I've noticed at the end of one trip the total mpg shown on the gauge after I shut the car off was as high as 76.9mpg.  Never been that high before.  Rather nice but I don't know what made this change come about?  The only thing I changed was the last tank of gas was premium, I normally use only regular but with gas prices being at or near $3.00/gallon I figured I'd treat Maxus as long as prices remain this low.

Brother Jus, something seems to have changed with Maxus since rolling past 32k miles.  In the last hundred or so miles I seem to be able to crank out a constant 45 AvMPG without even trying.  For the last week I've stayed between 45.4 and 46.2 with very little effort.  Even with more aggressive accelerator usage on both the freeway and urban roads.  Also I've noticed at the end of one trip the total mpg shown on the gauge after I shut the car off was as high as 76.9mpg.  Never been that high before.  Rather nice but I don't know what made this change come about?  The only thing I changed was the last tank of gas was premium, I normally use only regular but with gas prices being at or near $3.00/gallon I figured I'd treat Maxus as long as prices remain this low.

Brother Mike - I've used only ONE tank of regular and I have been using Costco Premium since then. Even the Indian gas that I get is also Premium. It's a long debate if this change is gas does or DOES NOT but no one can take away my opinion & experience that it does make a difference in my tank, after tank of > 600+ miles per tank I clocked up. I more than make up the extra :spend: for remium....but for the doubters, :airquote: who am I, and wadda I know? :baby: 

Good stuff Brother Mike :thumbsup:

Alright everyone back to the OT, I am sure the time change is not making Brother MIke's car better MPG, or does it ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I know this -- since the last week our mileage has jumped from high 40's to high 50's (and our lifetime MPG went from 39.3 to 44.2).  In our case the difference was obvious -- no A/C needed (and little heat, although I admit this weekend it was rather cool).   All on regular.

Today coming back from a normal 20 mile run (averaging around 50mph) I make all the time with 47mpg being the norm we got 62 -- and we had a bit of heat on as well (again, because it's unseasonably cold).  So maybe it's the same for you.  I'm loving not using A/C.