Hi from S.C.

CrystalSC

Hello. I'm looking into buying a C-Max. It's an SE Ice Storm Metallic with the 201A option package. It's not a done deal yet, the dealer had to trade for it so it should be here Monday or Tuesday and I've got to see if the dealer will work a little to get my payments where they need to be but I'm hoping it'll all work out so I can drive the car everywhere! :)

I never thought I'd buy a brand new car (I've always been afraid of the depreciation) and I've never owned a Ford but I've loved the C-Max and have compared it some other vehichles so I'm taking a leap of faith here. I currently drive a Honda Element EX and while I love this car so much (I feel horribly guilty trading her in. Someone please remind me that cars don't have feelings.) I'd like something that gets better mpg. My only fear is that I'll regret trading in the Element with her super-easy to clean/maintain interior. With dogs, that's always been a real bonus.

I'd love to get the fully optioned SEL trim but I want to keep my payments nice and low so I can do other things and have the gas savings actually save. I was a little bummed to realize the power liftgate is not the hands-free liftgate. This wasn't easily understandable to me from looking at the Ford website. There are videos touting the feature and when you go to "Build Your C-Max", the only liftgate option is the "power liftgate" in the 201A option pack so I assumed that was the hands-free liftgate. When I actually viewed a C-Max with the 201A package, I learned this wasn't the case. I was disappointed that Ford didn't have this more clearly outlined in their website. Newbie naivety I suppose.

I'm hoping the fun of driving a C-Max won't let me mourn for too long. I look forward to meeting other owners and hope I get to show off pictures of my new C-Max soon!

Does anyone know why the C-Max is named C-Max? I've been curious of that.

Edited by CrystalSC

I have been more excited and happy with the C-Max than any other car I have owned (about 4 others) - and its the SE model without any options.

The car is fun and easy to drive, and once you drive it for a week and realize that you have only used up about 3 gallons of gas (and get 40 to 45 mpg), you definitely won't have any regrets!

Bonus: I think you will find several other dog lovers on this forum who are happy with their C-Max.

Edited by REC

I have been more excited and happy with the C-Max than any other car I have owned (about 4 others) - and its the SE model without any options.

The car is fun and easy to drive, and once you drive it for a week and realize that you have only used up about 3 gallons of gas (and get 40 to 45 mpg), you definitely won't have any regrets!

Bonus: I think you will find several other dog lovers on this forum who are happy with their C-Max.

Thank you! I'm sure you're right. :)

RacheinLA, hope you'll keep us informed too!

You can't beat the Element when it comes to pets or a messy wife.. Seven weeks later and I still mourn the passing of my beloved "Baby Hummer". If you crate your dogs, take your crate to the Ford dealer to see if it will fit.. During my car shopping process, I took two beach chairs and two suitcases with me to test each model that I was looking at. Also some dealers will let you do extended test drives.. After a few hours in a Nissan Juke, we decided it was too small.

I understand your Honda Element guilt..

You can't beat the Element when it comes to pets or a messy wife.. Seven weeks later and I still mourn the passing of my beloved "Baby Hummer". If you crate your dogs, take your crate to the Ford dealer to see if it will fit.. During my car shopping process, I took two beach chairs and two suitcases with me to test each model that I was looking at. Also some dealers will let you do extended test drives.. After a few hours in a Nissan Juke, we decided it was too small.

I understand your Honda Element guilt..

Cassidy, you're killing me! When I got my Element I had a large Shepard mix who shed like crazy and after a long walk would drool. The lack of carpet was perfect for her. But she's been gone for a year now. I have two small dogs (a Boston Terrier & a chihuahua) that don't shed or drool as much. So cleaning my car isn't as intense as it use to be. I still wish the C-Max didn't have carpet. I don't see why any car needs carpet, but that's just me.

I don't crate them. They'll just ride in the backseat.

I wish I could sell my Element to someone in the family so I could still see/use her. That would be ideal. But, alas, I need to trade her in.

We have used my Element to haul stuff a few times but my husband has a Tundra so we can make due without it.

I love the exterior of the Juke but the mpg isn't good enough for me to consider it. I do wish the C-Max looked a little more unique but I'm not too hung up on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi crystal

I am thinking about a c-max se too in ice storm. I have been reading the forums to see what people are saying. I was really interested in your post because i drive an element too and love it but i need better gas mileage. I am really interested in what you think when you get your new c-max. Elements are such fun cars , i am having troublle deciding to let go. I am with you, i am really hoping to keep it in the family :)

Edited by Missyopu