Proximity Lock

rfaunce

Hi - the driver side proximity lock has been a bit troublesome.  Not a big deal but about half the time it will not open automatically.  The other doors work just fine.  There is a TSB on it and I brought it in for the dealer to address, which, as  recall, consisted of removing the door panel and cleaning the lock mechanism.  This obviously was not the solution as the proximity lock still only works about half the time.  Anyone else have this persistent problem with the driver side proximity lock?  Again, not a big deal but I would like to get it taken care of before the basic warranty expires.  Other than that, the car is TERRIFIC!.

Might not be what is going on in your case, but when this happens to me, it is usually because the fob has something blocking it in my pocket or my body is in the way (when I am opening the passenger door for instance).  Most of the time, a jiggle to reposition it is enough to get it to work.  Sometime in winter up here in the north, I have to take a glove off to get it done.

The trouble is that I am starting to get upset when the front door of my house doesn't autmatically unlock even with jiggling the house key in my pocket :)   - it is such an addictive convenience.

Edited by Tree63

Might not be what is going on in your case, but when this happens to me, it is usually because the fob has something blocking it in my pocket or my body is in the way (when I am opening the passenger door for instance).  ..

Same here and it's my cellphone or body blocking the fob.

Edit: after testing many times over the last few days, the position of the fob with respect to my body or phone does not appear to be causing the door unlocking issue.  It now appears there is something amiss as it doesn't seem to matter where the fob is located or what's in front of it.  Even with the fob held dangling a foot or so from the car, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to unlock the door.  I can't say exactly when I started noticing the multiple attempts to unlock (maybe within the last year).

Perhaps I need to take it in to have this TSB performed:  

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

Not here...

I'm standing in the same place when I reach for the rear door handle to unlock the front door. Fob and change are the only thing in that pocket, but it does seem to happen more often in Vermont... first noticed it visiting by daughter last Thanksgiving, and it happened again this year.

HAve fun,

Frank

I still have occasional issues with opening the locked driver's door. It only happens after I've opened and closed the rear hatch and then quickly try to unlock the driver side door.  It is either that the sensor in the door handle doesn't sense the touch or the lock mechanism doesn't respond.  If I experience the problem waiting 30 seconds resolves it.  It's got to be a software thing.