Just picked mine up, and loving the Max

C-Macky1022

Picked up a new "2013" at the dealer, build date of 11/2013. I was originally confused how a 2013 could still be new. But the dealer cut me a really great deal, and the vehicle only had 35 miles on it. I drive amount of miles each week for work and today instead of using a full tank of gas I only used a third of a tank of gas. Still tying to figure out how several members have hit 60 miles per gallon with the standard C-Max hybrid. But I'm working towards my first 500 mile tank. Looking for tips on how to hit the 600 mile mark.post-2814-0-13302800-1418785141_thumb.jpgpost-2814-0-37914400-1418785161_thumb.jpg

Congrats!  Another thing to keep in mind is that the car only has 200 miles in that screenshot and getting 45.7 MPG is very good.  After a few thousand more miles your MPG will get even better, however it will be lessened a bit by the colder winter weather.

So wait until Spring when the weather warms up and with miles on the odometer and then the numbers should really look good.

60+ mpg means avoiding high speeds as much as possible but high mpg's in general are easier to obtain when you have a warm gasoline engine (ICE).  Winter temps and winter gas formulas will make it tougher to get good mpg's.  

Read up, there is a wealth of knowledge and information here to get you headed in the right direction.

Welcome aboard.  My '13 was born in November, '13 as well.   We bought on March 1 and have had no issues whatsoever other than seat heaters that nearly set our jeans on fire.

How do you get 60 mpg?  Move to Death Valley!   We've noticed a dramatic loss in fuel efficiency as our weather hovers around 0-5 celcius here in Western Canada.  In the summer we'd regularly get city trips of 4-4.5 l/100km (52-58 mpg).  

Some members will argue with me, but forget about keeping your eyes glued to the empower screen and trying to stay in the blue whenever you can.   Keep your eyes on the road and anticipate traffic lights and stoppages.  Nice gentle pressure on the gas pedal.  No lead footing.

Keeping your tires around 45 psi helps too.

Adrian

Actually, here in Florida I'm routinely getting 60+ on nearly all my trips, even those where I average 50+ mph.  Of course, the weather isn't as cold as some places but we're currently in a relatively cold period for us (we average in the high 60's during the winter as a rule and right now it is getting to a high of 60 and a low in the 40's).

Today, for example, I drove about 50 miles and for the round trip I averaged about 73+, with mostly 50+ mph speeds (some city mileage, of about 20 miles, where I was doing about 35 mph).

I love it -- during the summer I was averaging in the mid 40's, and now my lifetime average is slowly creeping up.  I'm guessing that by the time I need to turn the A/C on again I'll have a lifetime average over 50 (but then, of course, it will drop again -- right now my hunch is that I'll get around 47 mpg for the year.  Sigh).

Edited by Kelleytoons