Remove engine cmax

rjam

I don't know if they would need to remove the entire engine to replace the seal but if 'they' do then they would drop out the front suspension and cradle with the drivetrain attached.  The subframe would stay attached to the body.

Edited by Sparrow

Thanks for the photo. Got the car back after rear main seal replaced. No problems with it at all was worried about rattles and squeaks after this major repair. Dealer did a great job!

What was your mileage and what kind of driving do you do (city vs highway) ?

I ask to keep an eye out for this being something others and myself shouldn't be surprise happening in the future.  

Edited by obob

Hi. The car is a C-Max 2013 SEL with 48,000 miles. I drive 50% town 50% freeway never over 65. Glad my dealer found the bad seal after an oil change. Good reason to have a good dealership do the maintenance. They found seepage and added dye. FORD COVERED IT 100% under the drivetrain warranty and they provided me with a rental. Great service!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the engine / trans photo and info.

Did you happen to notice where the upper engine mount is on the engine?  (It may be the source of a vibration I and others hear under part load and cold temps.)

Unfortunately I wasn't there to see it, Service Writer sent me a pic. :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones

• 5 years later...