Average age of C-Max owners

markd

I'm 48.  I guess the C-Max is the Twenty Teen's version of the 90's Buick.  Never thought I'd be driving Grandma's Buick at my age.   :shift:

You would think I would have learned by now NOT to be drinking anything while reading posts! 

Clean up in aisle ASDFGHJKL:"

And yes, I was all set to lease a BUICK Encore before finding the C-Max!

I think the C-Max appeals to two types of owners:

• The computer literate and interested in state of the art, and
  • Those who are older and enjoy the room and seating the C-Max offers.

My wife and I are 72 &73.  We enjoy our C-Max and expect it to be our last car.

I realize that this is just a small sample of owners and limited to those who are subscribed to this forum and actually posted their age.  I wonder how these results actually compare with any charts or demographics that Ford Motor Company may have and what if any age group they market these cars to.

I find it interesting also that in order to have replied to this post, you would have had to use an Internet connection, a computer,  and be somewhat techno savey.  I really wasn't expecting to see some of the higher ages that have reported in versus some of the younger ages.

GO GRAY!  And keep doing it EV!

I realize that this is just a small sample of owners and limited to those who are subscribed to this forum and actually posted their age.  I wonder how these results actually compare with any charts or demographics that Ford Motor Company may have and what if any age group they market these cars to.

I find it interesting also that in order to have replied to this post, you would have had to use an Internet connection, a computer,  and be somewhat techno savey.  I really wasn't expecting to see some of the higher ages that have reported in versus some of the younger ages.

GO GRAY!  And keep doing it EV!

Ford markets the C-Max?  ;)

Who's a grumpy old man!  Now get off my damn lawn!

Regarding older citizens and computers, I am 67 and was building my own computers for many years.  Was texting my wife from the grocery store when the clerk said, "That is so cool.  Could you teach my grandparents to text?" 

Who's a grumpy old man!  Now get off my damn lawn!

Regarding older citizens and computers, I am 67 and was building my own computers for many years.  Was texting my wife from the grocery store when the clerk said, "That is so cool.  Could you teach my grandparents to text?" 

I am just the opposite.  I got my first Smart phone with text ability just under two years ago.  Did fine without it except for hearing the constant complaint from my wife that I need text ability.  That's the only reason I have it now, and average maybe 10-20 texts a month if that of which 98% of them are from/to her.

I used to have a signature added to all of the forum posts I  belonged to that said  "Still spinning at 33 1/3 RPM in a MP3 World"  Of course I had to have my wife add that since I had no clue how to add a signature, a picture, cut and copy, or a different picture or symbol to the box on each forum where a person can put a little picture.  Still don't know how to do a lot of that stuff, but I do know how to turn on the computer, check and send email, and follow different forums I am interested in.

It is for all of those reasons I gave a back handed compliment to those who may be somewhat in the same techno void I am in.

Darn, I don't get that magazine.  Maybe I should respond to one of the 2000 mailings I have received for AARP membership since turning 50.  :drool:

Respond?  Over my dead body! :lol:

The C-Max has 4 big pluses:

1. Gas mileage
  2. Performance/handling
  3. "Inside the car" experience - build quality & technology
  4. SUV like body - higher seating, easy entry, room to haul stuff

You can get two or three of the above items in lots of vehicles but what else gives all 4 like the C-Max?  Now there are plenty of reasons us "older" folks like all 4 above items:

1. We went through the "gas crisis" (and seem more attuned to saving money)
  2. We were teenagers through the 60s - big V-8s, 4 barrel carb's, 4-on-the-floor, birth of the pony cars, etc.  Sure, "everybody" likes performance but when you grew up with it all around you, it just seems "right" (even if you didn't have it at the time!).
  3. We may have a bit more money for this stuff.  The C-Max is the most expensive car we've ever purchased - 50x my first car.
  4. Less mobility.  Do lots of projects that require hauling stuff around.  Youngsters are too content with video games and social media.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...