Happy new C-Max owner

drichmn

Picked up my new car yesterday.  Got my phone paired, homelink working, and hatch height set. So many gadgets. So much to learn.  I had to take a little evening drive last night just for fun. 

Dealer pushed an ESP for over $2,000.  If it wasn't for the great information in this forum I wouldn't have been able to tell him how much more expensive his price was.  When I told him the online price I could get he dropped it down $1K but it's still $200 more than online.

Also reading up on the accessories.  Think I'll get the rubber floormats recommended here.

I don't think I've seen anything about paint protection.  Any recommendations on adding that?

Thanks for making this such a useful forum. 

Having driven a Camry Hybrid for 7 years I can say that driving this hybrid is a bit different.  No problem with the regen braking.  I'm consistently getting 98-100% energy return.  What I have noticed is that I did more coasting with the Camry to squeeze out higher MPG's but in watching the CMax screens it seems I do better with some consistent light gas pedal pressure.

On tap today is learning more about Sync and MFT and getting music files that I had burned to a CD for my Camry set up on a USB drive.

And probably more driving excursions. :)

Edited by drichmn

Picked up my new car yesterday.  Got my phone paired, homelink working, and hatch height set. So many gadgets. So much to learn.  I had to take a little evening drive last night just for fun. 

Dealer pushed an ESP for over $2,000.  If it wasn't for the great information in this forum I wouldn't have been able to tell him how much more expensive his price was.  When I told him the online price I could get he dropped it down $1K but it's still $200 more than online.

Also reading up on the accessories.  Think I'll get the rubber floormats recommended here.

I don't think I've seen anything about paint protection.  Any recommendations on adding that?

Having driven a Camry Hybrid for 7 years I can say that driving this hybrid is a bit different.  No problem with the regen braking.  I'm consistently getting 98-100% energy return.  What I have noticed is that I did more coasting with the Camry to squeeze out higher MPG's but in watching the CMax screens it seems I do better with some consistent light gas pedal pressure.

On tap today is learning more about Sync and MFT and getting music files that I had burned to a CD for my Camry set up on a USB drive.

Hey drichmn,

Congrats on your new vehicle! Let me know if I can lend a hand with any questions about your MyFord Touch.

Have fun exploring.  :)

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

Welcome and congrats!

I found that bookmarking the manuals online and downloading the pdf files to my various devices makes it MUCH easier to find answers than to trying to use the table of contents of the paper set included with the car.

Link to 2014 C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi owner manual:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-CMAX-Owner-Manual-version-1_OM_EN_11_2013.pdf

Edited by kostby

Forget the paint protection, that is generally a gimmick. I plan to purchase the ESP before 30K. I will price online, show it to the dealer and let them match if they like.

• 1 month later...

Picked up my new car yesterday. Got my phone paired, homelink working, and hatch height set. So many gadgets. So much to learn. I had to take a little evening drive last night just for fun.

Dealer pushed an ESP for over $2,000. If it wasn't for the great information in this forum I wouldn't have been able to tell him how much more expensive his price was. When I told him the online price I could get he dropped it down $1K but it's still $200 more than online.

Also reading up on the accessories. Think I'll get the rubber floormats recommended here.

I don't think I've seen anything about paint protection. Any recommendations on adding that?

Having driven a Camry Hybrid for 7 years I can say that driving this hybrid is a bit different. No problem with the regen braking. I'm consistently getting 98-100% energy return. What I have noticed is that I did more coasting with the Camry to squeeze out higher MPG's but in watching the CMax screens it seems I do better with some consistent light gas pedal pressure.