Electronically Dead

rasweet

My wife and I puchased a Ford C-Max Hybrid in February 2013.  We love our little hybrid and have been completely satisfied except for one very disturbing deficiency.

Five times since we have owned it, we have come out, and found the car completely electronically dead.  By this I mean that there is no response to any buttons on the remote, the only way to enter the car is by using the key in the driverside door, and with the key inserted in the ignition, there is absolutely no response to any actions.  The solution is to get another 12V battery (or equivalently a power pack) and touch the jumper cables to the battery posts.  As soon as that happens the car wakes up and is fully functional.  The battery is not discharged and shows no signs of the earlier catetonia.

I have worked for nearly three years with a local Ford dealership where we bought the car, but they cannot find anything wrong with it.  Two months ago I left with the dealer for three days while a mechanic worked with an engineer from Dearbon trying to  find the source of the problem to no avail.  At that point the service department said that they were filing a request for a Ford buy-back.  After several weeks I was informed that our car did not qualify for the repuchase program, but was refused any written justification for that decision.  I was advised to seek arbitration from the Better Business Bureau.

As former software developer I have been very willing to give Ford all the time that they needed to find a solution to our problem, but now it looks like we have been  sold a $25,000 lemon.  Has anyone else had similar troubles with a C-Max?

Have you gotten this letter? 

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/5102-customer-satisfaction-program-15b04/

If not, make your dealer check to see if your car qualifies (I would suspect it would have to) and they ought to perform this CSP, which is designed to solve some battery issues.  Not saying this would fix yours, but it wouldn't hurt.