1.5L EcoBoost engine

6 spd auto w/ Paddle shifter

7 seatbelt  sensors on Display

Sync2

Bi-xenon adaptive headlights

Stow-away middle seat in 2nd row

6 airbags not 7 

A spare tire

Price: about $31.5K USD over there including local tax.  It is considered a very cheap 7 seater.  Focus ST sells for almost $40K over there.

Edited by cmax-nynj

Hmm, looks to be the same size as our platform but with two very tiny seats taking up the hatch space (and battery location in our hybrid/energi's).  No thanks.  But I do like the sliding rear doors; very handy with kids and tight garages.  I guess its competition for the likes of the Mazda 5 (discontinued in the US in '16) and others.

Hmm, looks to be the same size as our platform but with two very tiny seats taking up the hatch space (and battery location in our hybrid/energi's).  No thanks.  But I do like the sliding rear doors; very handy with kids and tight garages.  I guess its competition for the likes of the Mazda 5 (discontinued in the US in '16) and others.

It is actually just about 6" longer, which I think would be really nice to have. I don't think they should do the 3rd row seating in the US, at least other than as an option, as I think it would be too cramped for American buyers. Having those extra inches of cargo room could be really nice in improving cargo space, and the doors would also make things easier both for passengers, but also in getting cargo in the car when the back seats are down. Not to mention you could better hide the battery in the back (wouldn't need to sit up as high) or even put a larger battery in. 

I like how they did the interior.   Looks like this has been around a while.  I do remember hearing that they did not want sliding doors here.  Maybe too much like a mini van?   I looked it up on Wiki and it stated that it was here in a auto show but was canceled.  

From Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C-Max#Mk_II_.282010-.29

Second generation (2010-present)

Alongside the third generation Ford Focus Mk III, the second generation C-Max (C344) is built on Ford's new Global C platform. The appearance is inspired by the Iosis Max concept, shown at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show. In addition, Ford added a long wheelbase, seven-seat minivan variant of the C-Max, the Ford Grand C-Max[5]

The vehicle was unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show.[6] Early European models include 5 seats, and 7-seat models entered the market at the end of 2010 (except Russia, where there is only the 7-seat model). At the 2011 North American International Auto Show, Ford announced a 7-seat C-MAX for the North American market.[7] However, this model was cancelled prior to launch.[8]

• 3 weeks later...

There has always been two Cmax's in Europe. The Cmax and the Grand Cmax. We get the Grand Cmax body here. The Euro version has a third row in it where the hybrid battery sits on the US version. Since Ford is now selling the Fusion Hybrid in Europe as the Mondeo, wonder if the Cmax Hybrid will join it. 

There has always been two Cmax's in Europe. The Cmax and the Grand Cmax. We get the Grand Cmax body here. The Euro version has a third row in it where the hybrid battery sits on the US version. Since Ford is now selling the Fusion Hybrid in Europe as the Mondeo, wonder if the Cmax Hybrid will join it. 

Actually, we have the smaller C-Max body here in the US. The Grand C-Max is a little bit longer, it also has the sliding rear doors. If you look at the European specs, the Grand C-Max is 4520mm long, which is about 4" longer than our C-Max (177.9" compared to 174"). Our C-Max is slightly longer than the European C-Max (about 1.5") but, from what I've seen, that is because of larger bumpers on the car so that they meet US collision requirements; if our Hybrid used the Grand C-Max body, it would likely be about 179.5" long.

Edited by raadsel

They are selling the C-Max Energi in Holland. They allocated about a thousand of them. There is a thread over on the Energi site.