New Red C Max

NorthMax

Just took delivery of a new Ruby Red C Max SEL with light stone leather interior, 302A package, and love it so far. 

We had test driven the Prius and Prius c several times and could not really commit to those cars although we did admire some of the features and the technology that they included.  Then, because we wanted a hybrid, and thought we should look at a competitor,  we test drove the C Max.  After calling around to all the Ford dealers in our area we finally located one to drive.  It was a 2013 model that was being use by the dealership as their courtesy vehicle and had about 73,000 km on the odometer.  The car was smooth and quiet and still rattle free.  We liked the way it handled and the pickup from the ford hybrid powertrain, it was in our opinion a superior car to the Prius in almost every way. 

We had to factory order as there were very few cars available anywhere near us and thus had to wait for about 2 months for delivery. 

After about 750 km of driving we are getting 5.1 liters/100 km, which is about 46 miles per us gal. That is actually better than we expected, although we don't think that we will do that well in the winter.

It is a great pity that Ford does not promote and advertise the car more.  I didn't even know that the hybrid C Max existed until I began to research the Prius and came upon references to the Ford on the various hybrid and green car web sites

Welcome to the neighborhood.  It's a great car that is truly under promoted.  Until you drive one you don't know what you are missing.  At least thats what I tell my friends and other prius owners.  Mines a ruby red 2013 SEL with the pano roof - just hit 40K.  I love all the gadgets, smooth quiet ride and the mpg.  Enjoy your new ride!

Congratz & welcome NorthMax !  (I am always a little jealous of those beautiful Ruby Reds) Great MPG's for the north country !

........................... It was a 2013 model that was being use by the dealership as their courtesy vehicle and had about 73,000 km on the odometer.  The car was smooth and quiet and still rattle free.  We liked the way it handled and the pickup from the ford hybrid powertrain, it was in our opinion a superior car to the Prius in almost every way. 

Couldn't agree more on that.......... and with low miles, we are free of noises in ours - as opposed to our VW Eurovan that is a chorus of chirps, although still very much enjoyed none the less.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea