Consumer Reports: Sync 3 fixes many MyFord Touch problems

djc

Within the last week, I completed a CR reliability survey on my C-Max.  There were a few questions on MFT.  So, perhaps the responses will indicate the early issues with MFT are "fixed" or at least mitigated to some extent and the solid black circle rating may improve. :)

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

I was nervous about the sync system when I bought my car and I am no fan of Microsoft.  However having owned the car and have taken many trips I absolutely love it.  I find it intuitive and easy to use.  The radio is great and the navigation has made me give up google maps.  I am a bit of a techy maybe that makes a difference.

I was nervous about the sync system when I bought my car and I am no fan of Microsoft.  However having owned the car and have taken many trips I absolutely love it.  I find it intuitive and easy to use.  The radio is great and the navigation has made me give up google maps.  I am a bit of a techy maybe that makes a difference.

Same here. I am often frustrated at the inability of the voice commands to understand well at higher speeds, but once you get to know the system, it is quite workable. But I suspect it is easier for Windows users than Mac, since we know how Microsoft thinks.

"straghtforward & earnest" -  Hah

"elemntary school" "design" - No thanks

"less is more" - Nonsense

As we all know, there will be a plethera of upgrades to infotainment systems over the next ten years (making it easier to drive off the road, save for all the new driver assist systems, paralleling this in development);  and we are 'locked in' to our MFTs - a great full featured basic, intuitive, integrated sysyem worthy of a long ride into the sunset.

Glad we got the 'old reliable' color coded, four quadrant 'smart' one !!!

just MHO,  nick

Edited by C-MaxSea