New order, options?

Skitime

Hi, going to order a Cmax next week, and am wondering about the nav & power tailgate options. I have a great Garmin GPS, and wanted to see what the owners thought about the whole FordSynch/nav option, and is the power lift and camera worth getting. Great forum, can't wait for the new toy!

Welcome. I ordered my car Friday- SEL loaded. I love the backup camera. Will love not lugging the GPS. Loved the power hatch. I took a car home for the weekend. I think it's one of those things if you have the features you will love them. If you don't have them it's not a big loss. You have a GPS and the car is easy to back up. You can pop the hatch from the fob or inside. Nice features to have. I got a good deal so I opted for them. It's my treat!

Guess that really didn't help much? Lol

Welcome Skitime. I'm the same as Rachel in that we ordered the loaded SEL including the park assist (hubby wanted the park assist not me). I think all the bells and whistles is the way to go if it doesn't put you into a financial bind. But my car won't be here for another week or so, so I can't really comment on how they work. From my reading here, lots of people wish they had the back up camera and the feature where you program in your garage door opener and some would have liked the hands free lift for the rear hatch. I gather some dealers sort of gave the impression that the SE would have those things when they only come on the SEL. Oh and I remember someone wasn't too happy with the lesser quality radio versus the top of the line Sony radio that comes with the 303A package. I'm glad we got the built in navigation as I don't like carrying around the GPS either. But bottom line for me is the back up camera is a must as we have that in our other car and life is so much better with it.

Skitime: You didn't ask about the Sunroof. However, I wanted to make sure that you know that it is for "sun only". It doesn't open.

....Just Sayin'

For us both of the options that you mentioned were important. I got the park assist too. I'm not sure why, but I did..... Now i will have to go cruising looking for a parallel space to try!

Have Fun!!

However, the kick open of the lift gate is not a "must have". It seems buggy and doesn't open always on the first kick. I think it is just as easy with the buttons or the key fob.

It is most assuredly easier with the fob or buttons.

But if your hands are full and the fob is in your pocket or purse, then that is when the kick to open pays for itself. :) Especially in bad weather when you may not want to set your items on the ground...

I have the base SE, and the only thing I wish I had sprung for was the backup cam. The rear visibility is limited compared to the other vehicles I have owned, and my C-max has the annoying tendency to unpredictably surge while backing out now and then (which could be due to the hill climb assist "feature"). A cam back there is a real good idea. I think you have to bounce up a couple rungs on the options menu to get that however, so that may take care of the GPS concern too. The good aftermarket backup cam solutions are close to $1000, so it is probably worth the extra bucks. I really don't miss any of the MFT bells and whistles though, the base SYNC has app-link which will allow you to control some apps on the phone (strangely this is not available on the MFT).