C-Max is rocket propelled--day two of ownship report

Laurel

Took Tip (my C-Max's name) up on the freeway today for the first time while doing a 120 kilometer visit to a friend.  Holy smokes she moves!  I decided to demo that feature after I picked up my friend.  Freeway traffic was heavy with traffic flying by with few gaps and I put the pedal to the metal in the merge lane.  I very nearly blew by the car I was trying to merge behind.  My friend was holding on and I had a few rapid heart beats.  I had under estimated the power.  And she makes a very cool rumble sound like we are at the Indy Five Hundred LOL.  I shall watch my heavy foot in the future, but it is very nice to know the C-Max has that kind of power.  But sadly I lost a few leaves with that caper--they burned to a crisp <g>.

I am loving everything so far.  Tip stayed in EV mode for about 1/3 of the freeway traveling with cruise control set at 100 kilometers per hour.  She would stay in it longer if I knocked it down to 95 but that was too pokey for safety.  Myford Touch is working beautifully and in particular the voice commands work like a charm.  The phone is dandy and works well.  The nav is good so far.  Sirius is good especially channel 5 for moldy oldies--not likely to renew it down the road though due to cost.  My panoramic roof is great here in British Columbia even though it doesn't open--days are so dreary that the extra light is good.

I am not putting my foot on the brake after I put her in park and shut her down due to one theory on the forum that may be causing battery drainage. Down the road I may experiment and see if anything negative happens.

One minor complaint is about the centre console and the gear changing lever.  You have to look on the dash to confirm that you have it in park, reverse, neutral etc. as the gear symbol letters don't light up on the console beside the shifting lever.  I am wondering if this has lead to the dead battery issues?  As the owner's manual says on page 177 not to leave in neutral or idle in neutral or you will drain the battery.  I think it would be easy if you aren't  paying attention to maybe slip it into neutral instead of park when driving into a dark garage.  Just a thought on all the dead batteries.

I am loving my car.

Edited by Laurel

Laurel,

Glad you're enjoying the car.  I've had mine for a week now, and it still feels like a new toy!  I love driving it, sitting in it, and looking at it!  Is that strange? :)

Re: Sirius, I've had good luck with past vehicles of calling and canceling the service, and them telling me how much they will miss me, and would I consider signing up if I got 6 months for $20!  Cancel again, new offer.  Has worked so far.

Enjoy the new addition.  I am!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips on sirius! My Maxi Red (her new name) is on the rail now and on its way. I wonder if I call Siri at the end of the 6mo. trila and ask for the $300 lifetime if they would do it?? Hell it is worth a try.  I dont know much about the car yet but with you guys in the boards I know I will learn!! Thanks guys.

Texas gal waiting to get out of the mommy car and into some fun!!! Can hardly wait.