A GOOD VEHICLE REGARDLESS OF MPG

BWP

I'm new to the forum.  We've had our SEL for 3 weeks now.  It's our 1st hybrid.  We're getting the 47+ mileage in hilly in-town driving, around 40 so far in a combination of interstate and rural highway driving.  

Before taking gas mileage into consideration, this was a great vehicle for us.  We shopped it against the Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, and the Subaru Outback. We preferred the driving experience of the C-Max over them and were impressed with the quality of the car, especially the interior.  Also, there's plenty of room in the rear seat for our 6'2" son.

Our foot activated liftgate operation has been intermittent...we'll keep an eye on that and keep the forum posted.

The vehicle had the remote start listed as a dealer installed option, but it had not yet been installed when I purchased it.  No problem, it takes about 2-3 hours to install, bring it back and we'll take care of it.  I drove the 1 hr 50 min back to the dealer to have it installed, but 8 hours later found myself in a loaner heading back home.  Apparently there are some "gotchas" when installing a remote start in a hybrid vs a normal car.  The dealer drove our car to our home when complete.  I have to take a big part of the blame on that one...I shouldn't have purchased the vehicle until the remote start was installed and checked out.  Any potential buyers out there please learn from my mistake.

We love the car and look forward to a rewarding ownership experience. 

Welcome to the forum, BWP!  I am sure you will find this forum to be a great resource for information about Ford's most innovative new vehicle.

We love the car and look forward to a rewarding ownership experience.

Me too.  The C-Max is my first new vehicle in 12 years, so it makes the old one feel like a horse-and-buggy.  It is just full of innovative features.

I've had my vehicle for only two weeks, so it is far too early to tell what the ultimate gas mileage is going to be.  I am still learning how to drive a hybrid, so as I gain experience I'm sure the gas mileage is going to go up.  I did have to chuckle a week ago:  I was running some Saturday errands, and one of my "trips" was less than 3 miles, all downhill.  When I shut off the car, the trip summary reported my gas mileage as 90.3 mpg.  Too bad it doesn't get that on every trip!

The vehicle had the remote start listed as a dealer installed option, but it had not yet been installed when I purchased it.  No problem, it takes about 2-3 hours to install, bring it back and we'll take care of it.  I drove the 1 hr 50 min back to the dealer to have it installed, but 8 hours later found myself in a loaner heading back home.  Apparently there are some "gotchas" when installing a remote start in a hybrid vs a normal car.  The dealer drove our car to our home when complete.  I have to take a big part of the blame on that one...I shouldn't have purchased the vehicle until the remote start was installed and checked out.  Any potential buyers out there please learn from my mistake.

Where did the dealer put the remote start antennae on your car?  The dealer put mine on the rear-view mirror (see pictures) and I can't come up with a better place.

IMG 0761

IMG 0760

It's too bad the C-max was not rated for 42mpg, then the it could be reviewed on it's real merits.  The mpg is a real issue, and has been beaten to death, but the reasons you had for buying it over the other choices are similar to mine - except that I was shopping for the Prius as well as the Crosstrek and Escape before deciding on the C-max.

I gotta say that Ford should have thought of a better design for the antenna, it looks very much like some aftermarket add-on when it should be invisible.  They could have even built it into the rearview mirror.

Edited by CNCGeek

My remote antenna is on the windshield in front of the passenger visor.  Didn't even notice it until about a week after, and that was looking from the outside.

Concur with the comment about the car's real merits getting overshadowed by the mpg.  

My remote antenna is on the windshield in front of the passenger visor.  Didn't even notice it until about a week after, and that was looking from the outside.

Do you mind posting a picture of what it looks like from the inside and the outside?  I'm seeing if I can switch to the Bi-directional remote start and was thinking of having them move the antennae as well.