Oil Catch Can GDI Only C-Max

All,

In my research for my next vehicle (decided 2019 Toyota RAV-4 Hybrid) I discovered that the GDI ONLY system on the early C-Max’s are most likely prone to carbon-caking of the intake valve due to the PCV dumping water/oil residue back into the intake manifold. Not just early C-Max’s but all vehicles that have the GDI ONLY fuel injection. The new vehicles, including later model C-Max’s have a dual fuel injection system of Port Injection and GDI, and the port injector sprays on the intake valve at times to keep it clean. Has anyone installed a catch-can? If so can you recommend a brand?

Thanks, below is a vid from Scotty Kilmer describing the problem.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap1AH-9UNjU

2013 C-Max has a crankcase oil vent separator and a cam cover oil separator.  Why put a another after market system on?   So, where did you find that the early C-Max is most likely prone to intake valve carbon caking?  I monitor misfires and see virtually no variations in misfires detected since I got my first OBDII Smartphone App around 10 k miles (currently 110 k miles). 

"The PCV valve is installed into an oil separator that is bolted to the side of the block. The PCV valve is designed to last the full useful life of the engine and is not designed to be removed from the oil separator. The PVC valve is connected to the intake manifold hose using a quick connect. Because the PCV valve cannot be removed from the oil separator, the quick connect will be disconnected in the event vehicle service is required. Molded plastic lines are used from the PCV valve to the intake manifold. The diameter of the lines and the intake manifold have been increased to 0.625" so that inadvertent disconnection of the quick connect will cause either an immediate engine stall or will not allow the engine to be restarted. The crank case ventilation hose on the cam cover is connected to the air induction system using quick connects. The cam cover also incorporates an oil separator." -  Ford 2013 MY OBD System Operation Summary for Plug In and Hybrid Electric Vehicles

Plus 3 Golfer thanks for sharing this info, I was reading that Ford on later C-Max’s has converted to the dual fuel injection system of port injection as well as GDI. I didn’t know Ford installed an Air Oil Separator on the PCV circuit to the intake. That was quite good thinking of the Ford Team as most GDI vehicles until around 2016 don’t have air-oil separators installed, and they are having serious problems with coked up intake valves.

Glad I posted this here, and thanks so much for sharing that info.